the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:35 pm 
Ok, I accidently hit the Submit button before I was done and had proof read my post.

"corrent" = "correct" How I switched a c with an n I'll never know.

BitTornado shows just how good it is in the fact that's its still around this long without any new releases. It works great on Private Trackers, but not so good on the public trackers. Adding options that are becoming standards will not turn BitTornado into blotware like Azureus and other programs. Look at µTorrent's options and then compare that to it's size & memory use. I would like to see some updating or at least some info on updated versions because I know that BitTornado has the ability to become #1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:41 pm 
all i want is multi torrent downloads!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:15 pm 
NoOne wrote:
all i want is multi torrent downloads!

I was hanging on to BitTornado for the longest time, we've been promised a new GUI and multiple torrent support for the longest time (over a year) but let's face it, it's never going to happen and even if it did it's too little too late. I suggest everyone just switch to uTorrent, it's smaller, uses less resources, looks better, has more features, is regularly updated and is more stable. I finally switched a few months ago and I've never looked back. If I was The Shad0w I would just close this site and give up now rather than keeping the last few people hanging on in vain. There is no way BitTornado can compete with uTorrent on any level, sorry but that's the truth, BitTornado has had it's time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:40 pm 
Why are so many people who dropped the program still posting in it's forums?

In any case. Yes, I'd like to see encryption, it's a good thing all around, but AFAIK it's still experimental. I'd like to see DHT as well, when respecting the private flags - it's a useful feature. Multitorrent-download-windows are unnecessary, and difficult to make look good, but I'd like a nicer UI.

BTornado works fine right now, you just have to not use Nod32 and experiment to find what software is conflicting with it. I found that Win2k3 SP1 was causing the problems here. In other words, I don't need an update, but they're always nice. Before people had said BTornado was abandoned, yet it's updated since then. Instead of ranting about the slow progress, try downloading the source and see what you can do.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2