the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:23 pm 
First of all I don't have a lot of upload bandwidth and I don't want to sit on my ass to upload same pieces to most users. It waste my time and I'm not interested in making download fast for leechers who upload little or nothing. why superseed to spawn more complete copies to other users? well some users who have faster upload will benefit from it cause they don't have to wait for me to upload it to them. all users will instead become like a seeder with different pieces of the torrent they are leeching. example. user a has .50 of it, the other have another .5 they will upload to each other which prevent leeching. you who bitch about leechers, this is the solution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:25 am 
Ok few things,
    1st - do not make a subject in all caps! It's the equilent of shouting on the net.
    2nd - Add a username.
    3rd - if you want to read about what super-seed mode actually does then: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_seed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:08 pm 
superseeding is illegal dont ya use it unless ya shadow or bram cohen. it's too cool for lamers. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:15 am 
Reseeding is when a torrent no longer has a complete copy between peers. Thus, superseeding is recommended for the reseeder. Super seeding just isn't recommended when there are other seeds around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:50 pm 
Quite useless in the hands of a leecher cause they would just run away upon completion, so who cares?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:15 am 
Can we block guests?? I don see the point of letting people spam the forums..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:02 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Can we block guests?? I don see the point of letting people spam the forums..

little bit off topic surely?

ps. also a little bit hypocritical :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:49 pm 
It would kinda make no difference because there will be those lamers who will create multiple accounts. Back to original topic superseeding is good only when your the only seeder and there are a few leechers. I usually superseed when I see that only one person is downloading faster and the rest are only downloading at 1kb/s which is pointless because I don't want to idle around for a week for them to get the file.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]