the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:09 pm 

Mainly as a personal project to help hone my coding skills. I'm not really looking to make something fancy or with a lot of features, just something that works. I'm planning on using Java as its the language I have the most experience with.

What I'm looking for is help getting started. So if anyone out there is willing to help me out a bit, or maybe able to point out some resources I might be able to use, I would appreciate it.

As it is I don't know a whole lot about the BT protocol other than what you can find in the basic FAQs and such posted about the internet. And I'm not sure where I ought to be starting, so any advice would be help me a lot.

Basically I graduated with a degree in computer science in December, and since I don't have a real job yet, I want to do something to keep my coding skills from getting rusty, and also wouldn't mind challenging myself with something bigger than I've ever tried doing before. Since I use Bit Torrent a lot, it seemed like a not horrible idea, and decided to give it a shot.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]