the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Auto-Resuming Rocks!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:54 am 
Thank you for fullfulling my suggestion about the auto resuming. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:44 pm 
Dont think it was just "your" suggestion... probably alot of people. I suggested this over a few months ago... and stated I would not go back to shadows until this option was incorporated.

Always was a shadows user, then went to azureus... now will go back to shadows (ie bitornado).

Thanks Shadow!!! U rock!

Post subject: good
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:32 am 
A great new feature, also the remembering previous download bit is good.

I did find the Max Download option on the Advanced panel a little buggy. Wouldn't let me type a value, I had to use the arrows.

Post subject: Re: good
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:15 am 
Tonster76 wrote:
I did find the Max Download option on the Advanced panel a little buggy. Wouldn't let me type a value, I had to use the arrows.

I can type anything there :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:32 am 

I actually fixed it in the latest release. It might not enter the value 'til you hit OK though.

And yeah, fast download has been a much-requested feature, but implementing it properly, so you'd never risk getting yourself banned by sending bad data out or wind up with a corrupt file set, was more difficult than you'd think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:58 pm 
is it really that hard to implement? LOL..yea took you long enough thought, wondered why shadows is alway one step behind some other client heh :\

No more reason to use torrentstorm anymore, btw your resume feature is even faster just amazing! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:47 pm 

Sam, the fast-resume system took well over a thousand lines of code. Some people have done it faster, but in ways that are both primitive and which potentially upload bad data and/or result in bad data on the disk. Plenty of clients have done just that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:09 pm 

so TheSHAD0W there's 0% chance that we may send bad data to other peers? i ask this because i didn't like the idea of fast resuming when i first saw it so i've never used it in other clients

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:30 am 

The chance of that is a real zero, yes, and not because it checks file times and sizes; it also does "lazy hash checking" as it shares with others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:41 pm 
maybe you should call it instant resume, but their are on a few occasion where it has to do checking the conventional way from 0 to 100 percent, weird. I also wonder why more people use azureus then bittornado. you think that will change in the future? because most of them use it due to no resume in previous shadow's client.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]