the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help with codecs
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:51 pm 

Hi Shadow and crew,

PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH ME, I am not an electronics pro. I am an old school welder/ mechanic by trade. Technology scares me, but I am trying and learning. I just figured out my cell phone, hahaha. Procedures, practices and terminology that you folks use 1,000 times a day, are new and confusing to me.

I had my computer all set up, at one point. I had Bitornado and was downloading movies for my children. I had downloaded various codecs from who knows where, and various programs to convert and put on cd's for them. I did have things set up and running until, I contracted some kinds of viruses that drove me up the wall.

I finally had enough and formatted c:. "that'l show em..." I am rebuilding my system, and getting brave again to try to download movies for my kids again. I reinstalled bitornado and have downloaded 2 movies.

I tried to play them on windows media player. I get sound but no video.
I transfered them to my old toughbook and for some reason, they work OK on that. I don't know why, but they do.

I have windows xp pro sp3 and am using windows media player 11. How do I make WMP 11 play these and the others that used to play on it, with out downloading and installing crazy stuff that I suspect wrecked my system the first go round?

Thank you guys so much, and thank you shadow for bitornado!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:44 pm 

Hi Everyone,

I just tried and downloaded divX from the DivX site, and it seems to be working. Thank you guys.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]