the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: a few Q.
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:16 pm 
im was wondering what a few things meant in the BT window when i dl something. i dont know anything about ports like where there are or what they do or how to open them but i dont think i have a problem with those becouse BT tells me that i have connected to 27 peers on the dl that i have going now but the light is still yellow all the time does this mean that they are closed or could there be another reason for this? i dont understand my total speed either if it is 1286kbs right now them why am only dl at 109kbs and ul'ing at 50kbs? it tells me that my share rate is 0.339 and that is in red and im not sure what it is or why it is in red. thanks to any one that could help me out with understanding this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:24 pm 
one more thing. what does "finish allocation" mean in the details?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:28 am 
http://bittornado.com/faq.html

The share ratio is the amount you uploaded divided by the amount you downloaded. :( means share ratio <0.5 (dark red), :| is a share ratio of 0.5-1.0 (light red) and above 1.0 it shows a :) (green).

kbs means kilo bits per second (1000 bits/s), but KB/s means kilo byte per second (1024 bytes/s) and 1 byte are 8 bits, remember that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:34 am 

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Ratio

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]