the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:33 am 
ok well i have looked through several posts concerning problems uploading at not normal rates. i have compiled some facts from other posts to show u guys. ok im on a LinkSys BEFFSR41 ver. 3 router. i have 9 ports opened on the port range screen with both UDP and TCP selected and the correct ip selected using (im on 98 SE) start, run, winipcfg then to get my ip which it said was 192.168.1.102
so i put that in my router. i also went to the port triggering section and opened up 9 ports in the triggering section. http://portforward.com/linksys/befsr41.htm if you scroll down to the port triggering section maybe some1 can give me some more info that im missing there that i already don't know.
also im using shadow's experimental bt client, i have the 9 ports configured on shadow's too.
my max upload should be between 40-45kbs, but lately i can't get anything above 9kbs. i know it is possible to get it up that high because i used to be able to get it that high but not anymore.
also please don't tell me that it isn't just new torrents because it is an old one with a few seeders and a good amount of leechers. usually i set my upload rate for shadow's at 38kbs and upload connections at 13. since u guys know my max upload maybe the settings could be tweaked but i doubt that is the reason for the sloppy performance. also if this makes a differnce my max dl is 45kbs too, and when i try to dl stuff it acts liek im on a dial-up getting 1 or 2kbs.
one more thing is that the light in the upper right corner of shadow's stays yellow a lot of the time like it is acting like it is trying to always connect to more people. now lately it goes to green but still acts like it is yellow anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
more info provided by some1 that i still wasn't able to get workign with.
Since your local IP address is 192.168.1.102 your IP is probably being assigned to you by the router (DHCP). I'm on a Linksys BEFSR41 v3 router myself and I've never gotten the port forwarding to work with DHCP turned on. When I turned it off and assigned my IP's manually it worked right away. You could try that same thing

[edit]
I just checked the Linksys knowledge database and it says that to forward ports you need to set a static IP on the computer you want to forward the port to. You don't have to disable DHCP, just set a static IP on the computer that needs to use the port.

http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/lin ... _faqid=171
[/edit]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]