the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:38 am 
I used to have the green light all the time. Its been two weeks and all I get is yellow.

I have port triggering turned on for port 6969 which then allows 6881-6999.

As a back up I have also allowed my router's firewall to allow ports 6881-6999.

These settings always gave me a green light and now all I have is yellow. This is causing me to believe that my ISP has started blocking those ports. Is there any way I can test this?
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:55 pm 
Yes, I would also like to know the answer to this. As far as I know right now, though, all you can do is call them up and ask. Haha. =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:41 am 
Basically, you need a application listening on the ports you want to test, then run e.g. ShieldsUp and test the ports.
If you are firewalled or didn't forward the ports in your router, it should say "stealthed". If the test could connect to the port, but there is no application running, it should say "closed". If there is an application running and the connection was successfully, it should say "open".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:35 pm 

mine says stealth, im not to good with routers, could you maybe tell me how to set it up correctly so i can start d/l some good stuff. but the weird thing is it let me proced with 2 of the d/l, and finish them, but most of them wont work? help plz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:35 pm 

my router is a D-link DI-604

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:55 pm 
OK, if you have winXP you should try UPnP first, just enable it in your router and in bittornado prefs. If it works you will see a message on the bittornado advanced window saying "UPnP port forwarded" and you're done.

If you can't or don't want to use UPnP, you should assign your computer a static IP first. Go to the DHCP screen in your router, in the static DHCP section choose the client you want to assign the static IP, then click on clone, now enter a new IP, enable it and click on apply. Verify that the settings are correctly applied (maybe restart your computer).

Now go to the firewall screen in your router and enter a new rule for bittornado. Enter a name for the rule and choose action Allow. Source Interface is WAN, IP range Start is "*", leave IP Range End blank. Destination Interface is LAN, under IP Range Start enter the IP you made static, IP Range End is blank, protocol is TCP. Enter the Port Range 6881-6899 (the ports you configured in bittornado). Choose Schedule Always, enbale the rule and click on apply.

For the UPnP and Static DHCP feature you may need a newer firmware for your router.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:29 am 

ok i set up a new application for bit torrent, and i get a green light now, but ,my d/l speeds suck, i have dsl, and the files i downloaded last night had a speed of 70 kbs, now they r like 8? any ideas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:32 am 

nvm got it, d/l speed of 70, upload speed of 34

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]