the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:14 pm 
Can anyone help me out whith this? I'm running the latest version of the Azureus ButTorrent client (2.1.0.0) along with Norton Personal Firewall 2003, and getting horrible connection speeds (no green smileys, of course - I've had yellow, red, and blue, whatever blue is for... =/ ).

I've tried setting up all the rule combinations I could imagine in NPF (and tried them on both the Azureus executable itself and all the instances of Java stuff I could find in Nrton's rules, since I know Azureus is Java-based), but nothing seems to help. Even when I disable it, the speeds are still horrible (?!).

I'm fairly certain I'm not behind a router, as I'm not on a network or anything, but I am connected through some thingy for the DSL line (have no idea what it's called, I'm great with software but clueless with hardware - whatever it is, it says "Paradyne Hot Wire ReachDSL" on it... maybe it is a router of some sort?).

Thanks in advance for any help I can get. ^_^;;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:22 pm 

What happens when you try out BitTornado on the same download(s)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:21 am 
I am also using Azureus and Norton Personal Firewall. At the moment I am getting a yellow light (or smiliey, whatever) with 6 Kbp/s download and 15 Kbp/s upload. The same occurs when using BitTorrent, BitTornado and Shadow's Experimental. I've tried:

-> Allowing Az. to use all the ports
-> Setting the firewall to allow it to only use 6881 (apparnelty this is the only one it needs)
-> Disabling the WinXP firewall
-> Disabling proxies in Internet Explorer.

And nothing's changed.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]