the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:03 pm 
I have been using Torrent for a while and decided to try zonealarm free version after a complete system re-install (it had been 2 years...).

Anyway SW firewalls present no issue for Torrent, once you give BT permission it can open all ports.

But with the current free version of ZoneAlarm Connection would ramp up for about 4 minutes often getting to 50KB/s dl in that time, then it would ramp down right to ZERO up, Zero down.

Then the computer would be in bad shape, starting or closing applications not working properly. It took me forever to figure out it was a bad DLL or something in ZA. As disabling ZA didn't make any difference. Only after uninstally ZA did the problem clear. I am now using Sygates free firewall without issue.

Peter (guidryp@yahoo.com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:01 am 
I can back his claims up, ZoneAlarm V.5 is terrible, lots of system crashes and connection drops every few minutes. I've gone back to V.4 and its all back to normal now.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:28 am 

Lately I was also having problems with my internet connection just disappearing suddenly and reappearing after a few minutes. And sometimes my up and down rates would only go as high as 10kb/s. But, I just uninstalled the latest version of Zonealarm (v. 5) and no im dl'ing at over 200 kb/s, without interruption. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:23 pm 
it's not just the free version. i have za pro 5.0 and i'm having trouble to. my bittorrents were working just fine until about 3 weeks ago then my clients would just freeze up. i'v read a lot about this on these forms and this is happening to a lot of people. i'v tried about 5 differant clients and they all do the same, freeze up. theres all kind of reasons for this on these forms but i think holy moly is right. it's za, iv had 2 or 3 updates from za in the past 3 or 4 weeks and i think one of these updates is the problem. i never had a problem before the updates. i guess i'll uninstall za and reinstall and refuze updates. my paid version is about over anyway. well thanks for letting me get this off my chest. :) :) :)

wrongway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:32 am 
There is a new version of 5 out. I'm grabbing it now, I'll let you know if it solves this little problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]