the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:19 am 
ok this is it, I dunno if this has already been stated but I finally found a way to get ride of the yellow status that was showing only on some trackers, it seems its the trackers port fault.

Normally a tracker that doesnt show the port it's using defaults to port 80, well for my example I will use s0nicfreak's tracker

http://bt.s0nicfreak.com/announce.php

it would normally uses the port forwarding thing (that didnt work for me) to get to port 80, well as it didnt seem to work I asked the trackers owner the port it's using he told me its 80, so i was like... "wtf" why doesnt it works then? then I made an external announce with http://bt.s0nicfreak.com:80/announce.php

and after months of downloading from same tracker having always yellow status, no remote connections and speed between 1 and 6kB/s I finally got it, one green light with remote connections (giving me more than 60 peers over the normal 20) and a steady speed downloading and uploading (no much, after all im only in ISDN) but finally got ride of the yellow status light.

well tahts it, im trying to convince the tracker's owner to use http://bt.s0nicfreak.com:80/announce.php as it's normal announce so people wont complain about the yellow status or the slow speed, well maybe the bittorrent documentation for trackers should say "U HAVE TO USE A PORT ON THE ANNOUNCE URL OR MANY YELLOW STATUS LIGHTS WILL BE SEEN)

this is so great ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:50 am 
In azureus is a lot easier since I only needed to click on the torrent to change, add the new announce url and then delete the one that doesnt show the port, then close, restart azureus and it connects only to the one that is showing the port, and then no more yellow light ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:15 am 

Unfortunately, adding the :80 to the announce may not fool some transparent proxies. But if it helps you, it'd help others, so it's not a bad idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:26 pm 
nonono, what I mean is knowing the port it uses (i just had to ask the tracker's owner) helped me, and I tried on other trackers with same problem and yeah helped me ^^

i know it shouldnt work for everyone, but hey, its another way to fiz the yellow lights :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:57 pm 
It would be better if trackers would NOT use port 80 or 8080.
Also I suppose that adding :80 works for you, because your transparent proxy uses port 8080.

Basically, adding your IP as "Local IP" should be sufficient to use bt with a transparent proxy, but the tracker has to support this function.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:23 pm 
no, actually it doesnt matter which port the tracker uses, some I know use a different port, like 6969 (and it doesnt show on the normal announce) or somethen so if i specify that port on the announce it gives me the green light, is not transparent proxy believe me, anyway it works for me so Im happy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]