the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:21 am 
:roll: :shock: .wots happening to d/l speeds recently?,everyone seems to be getting same probs(including me!).ive been d/l quiete happily for ages now,always gud speeds,n green light.all of a sudden ,everythings slowed down?.ive read boat loads of the forums,and im sure its not just me? :oops: whose brain is FRIED by all the techno baffle?.seems strange how everybody gettin same probs at same time?.does anyone have a SIMPLE solution or explanation?.ive not changed/upgraded/altered anything.its baffleing!!!!!!!!.some one help us all out wiv a simple answer PLEASE. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:07 pm 
I have had almos the same problem, and i know that others have too. I was dl torrents great at even over 400kb/sec some times, mainly between 100Kb/sec and 200Kb/sec. then one day the torrents started to Feeeze. I mean theywould like hit the peak dl speed and then freeze. so i decided to just go ahead and format my Hard drive and try and reinstall every thing. (I only did this b/c i tried every thing to stop it from freezing and nothing would work. even different bittorrent programs did not work.)
So then after reformatting i reinstalled evrthing and bit tornado and the light will only stay yellow. and dl at very very slow speeds.

I guess the soultion for me to do is stop looking at these sites for help and always do what i did. mess around with the settings untill i found the perfect ones. no one on these sites really give solutions, they only state problems. So take my advise and just find the earlier versions of shadows expermental bit torrent from (before he called it Bit tornado wherever you can and use it. Then mess around with the settings. It should work better. I will post a website URl where you can fine one l83|2 (later). if it works please do tell.

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:06 am 
Hey guess what? I found an old version of bit torrrent that Shadow made. it is called BitTorrent S-5.8.11 (SHADOW's Experimental) I had the same problem at first and now i got this Bit Torrent Client and MY DL speeds are Fast and the light turns green. my settings are at... ports 1 -- 20000. (trust me it works) Dialup/ISDN upload rate is set to 3KB/sec then i left every thing else default. right now i am dling frome a slow torrent but yet i am hogging all the bandwith at 100kB/sec +/-. I think that is darn good. for a slow torrent. To get this I would bug Shadow over and over until he either puts it on the website or emails it to you. And for the record i have not had any problems with it freezing.

Post subject: slow downloads
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:58 am 
:? ,thanks haxor420,i get same feeling bout help,or lack of simple answers.i agree bout old version of shadow,but only problem is,thats the excact version i have been using for ages,everythings been fine,then just started acting up?,mystery.ive read loads n loads of info,dont understand half of it(sure im not the only one??? :shock: ),tried everything i understood,changing ports,disableing xp firewall etc,but nothing worked!.thing is,if something wrong with my pc settings,why has it been fine for months,and ive not changed anything until i started with problems?.ill giv your port settings a try anyway?.cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:03 am 
:shock: .well after many hours of searchin for a simple solution to my slow d/ls,and endless trying of all answers on this forum,ive come to the conlusion that NOTHING can be done about it.it seems that certain trackers,and ISP are starting to slow thins down,and theres nowt we can do about it(except disconnect from internet).ive tried it all,some d/ls are slow/yellow light etc,some are fast/green light etc?.so i cant see how it can be a prob with PORTS/FIREWALLS/ROUTERS/BT CLIENT ETEC ETC ETC!.weve just got to put up with it i suppose?.

maybe u should look at this? :shock: .
http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0, ... 037,00.asp.
hope it cheers everybody up :oops: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:53 pm 
hey look what i found!!! it is called G3 Torrent. it has alot more options, and better speeds. less problems too. I think if you still have problems just look at some other programs to dl what you want. it is a lot easier. i recommend G3 though. give it a try here is that link to where i got it from. http://g3torrent.sourceforge.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:40 am 

I had the exact same problem. I had to reinstall Windows (had a green light the whole time up to that morning before the blue screen of death), reinstalled Windows with even less software then before and poof, the same torrents I had green lights on before are now all yellow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:17 am 
i seem to be having the same problem do here, only getting like 3kb/s max downloads yet downloading from 10+ sources at times.
i seem to have somthing in common with most you you having problems and thats having reinstalled windows be4 this happened =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:48 am 
Some peeps are still dowloading really well

When I check under prefs I see one guy downloading at 200K while everyone else is at 1 or 0

It's really irritating

Kazaa still downloads fine though but you can only get a lot of stuff on torrent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:11 am 
i tried a previous version of this bt program and my speeds fixed themselfs getting fast downloads.
also tried that bt program http://g3torrent.sourceforge.net and my speeds were fine also.
but using the current BitTornado my max download is very low, wonder wat they did to slow it down really bad for some of us

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]