the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: remote/local
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:26 pm 
The FAQ says that if I seem to always only get one remote connection, then I should uncheck the 'don't allow multiple connections from the same IP' well i have had it unchecked for a few weeks, and I still only get one (the odd time two) remote connections. All the others are local.

Is there any way to somehow get more remote connections?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:11 am 
If it doesn't work, you're probably not behind a non-transparent proxy, as this is only for this specific problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:07 am 

Is this true for all the torrents you're on, or have you only tried this on one or two torrents? If you're getting a few remote connections then there shouldn't be any problem. Try a hotter torrent, one with more users.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:58 pm 
I'm getting it with 90% of the torrents i'm going on, and this torrent is actually pretty hot. Seeders - 49, Leechers - 250

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:03 pm 
also, my upload is staying above my download. I have the auto-setting for dsl/cable slow on, which has always worked for me. this new computer i got has only given me problems with bit torrent so far, which sort of defeats the purpose of a big hard drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:32 pm 
please guys, help me out here... i don't know much about the whole proxy/router deal... since basically on my old computer everything worked fine. maybe i should take out the network card from my old computer and hook it up to this new computer, and try that? do you think that would solve anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:10 am 
Do you have any router or firewall, maybe you use the winxp buildin firewall?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:10 pm 
well, i dunno if i have a router... and i have opened up the ports on the winxp firewall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:20 pm 
Try it without the xp firewall, if it doesn't change anything, you can re-enable it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]