the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:45 am 
I kind of read through alot of forums in here but i found no model for dsl modem for westell 2200. I went to portfoward.com but the stie is down so i need some help about how to foward port from 6881-6900 on my router. Any help would be appreciated. I would like a detail help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:15 am 
this is wat i also know and did, i went to my service configuration and define custom service and click on port fowarding ranges of port, for the global range i put 6881-6900 for base host port i don't even know what to put so i just put 6881 . can u explain wat base host port does and wat is it for and there is a protocol so i select TCP instead of UDP. I put in host device instead of ip adress. Then i select those thing from the list and enable it. That is wat i did . plz explain wat i did wrong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:29 am 
ok i hear some one talking about this ::: Check the IP shown on the http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl page against the WAN IP shown at your router status page, if they are not the same, your ISP is using a transparent proxy.

when i check that page my ip is not the same as the ip that shown there. I am assuming i have transparent proxy any idea wat this is and how to resolve this problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:42 pm 
Your settings are correct, the base port is just the lower port from the port range you want to forward (map) the ports to, global ports 6881-6900 and base port 6881 means the ports are forwarded to 6881-6900 (e.g. base port 6981 would mean forwarding from 6881-6900 to 6981-7000).

I don't know what host device you have put in, but this host, name, IP address should belong to the computer that runs bittornado.

If you compare the IPs you have to compare the correct IPs, at your router the WAN IP is named "PPP" under "IP Network Address" on the status screen. If you really have a transparent proxy, try putting your current WAN IP (PPP) as "Local IP" in bittornado, advanced prefs. You will also notice that you have a transparent proxy, if you only have problems with proxies that don't specify a port (using port 80), trackers with other ports, e.g. 6969 should work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:46 pm 
any way i don't even know what i did but i manage to open port 6881 and get 40kb/s dl speed. iwas wondering what does choked and snubbed have to do with the download speed. When i downloading stuff i see alot of choked and snubbed and is there anyway to make it less snubbed and choked. Sometimes i see remote and still choked and snubbed. Sometimes they aren't even snubbed or choked and won't even let me download 1kb. Can u tell me how these thing affected because other post don't really say how to decrease the number of choked and snubbed effectively

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:46 am 
http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/23.html
You cannot control these flags directly, the only thing you could do on your end is uploading more, so the other peers are more interested in you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]