the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:31 am 
i've been messing with my apartment's network all fricking night and i can't seem to get my roommat's computer to go green on torrents.
specs:
we have a belkin DSL/cable ethernet gateway router.
i have her set up on 6891-6899 with those ports as both public and private in the virtual servers section of the router setup menu, with her IP.
I did the exact same thing for myself with 6800-6890 and had no problems, im green and flying, but her computer is still yellow.

then

I put her IP in the DMZ- STILL YELLOW!
any advice on how to fix this? i'm trying to convince her how cool BT is and im kinda falling flat on my face here. I've checked the XP pro personal firewall and it's not enabled- is there anything else, possibly on the motherboard/in bios that could be firewalling her?
thanks

ps- i disabled her software firewall before doing all this (zonealarm)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:46 am 
Be sure to check the bittornado prefs on both computers to use only the ports you have forwarded to the specific computer.

The DMZ still yellow problem could be caused by the interfering ports, the settings were not applied correctly, wrong IP or you didn't wait long enough after running a torrent - that's all I can think of, and firewall of course, but you checked that already.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]