the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Yellow Light Slow d/ls
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:25 am 
I have cable modem and 2 PCs I am the second pc. I use DHCP to get my ip. We use window xp corp OS and thats also what we use to run our network. I have no firewall programs installed and I checked the windows xp one to see if it was checked, it is not checked. I don't know how to open my ports or even if it would help. What can I do to speed things up. I usually only get 1-5 KBs d/ls but my uploads will hit 30-40KBs easy. I got tired of seeding 10-1 ratio Takes me weeks to get one d/l. I switched to dial up use as I only get those speeds anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:46 pm 

You have two computers connected to the same modem. The question I need to ask is: "How?"

Is it a Hub/Switch? Or is it a Router? If it's a router, what is the make and model?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:16 pm 
no its very simple I use 3 network cards main system hooks into the cable modem and than I hook up to the other system with the second network card useing a cross over cable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:44 pm 
Which software are you using to share the internet connection between computers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:46 pm 
I use windows xp..Right click on network places goto properties. Find the connection thats to the cable modem right click on that and goto properties. goto the advance tab and Check-->allow other network users to connect through this computer's network connection
Anything else be useful in helping me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:34 am 
Well if your in my situation I have a fix for you =)
GOTO my network places right click and goto properties right click on the nic card that connects to your modem and goto properties. Goto the advance tab and at the bottom you will see a settings button click it. Than in there you will see a add button again click it
once it open name it whatever you want but I named mine bt1-bt9 cause you will have to make 9 seperate ones. Find the computers that d/ls ip address place it were it ask for it. Than you want TCP and add 6881 do this all the way to 6889. I tried to explain this best I could hope it helps

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]