the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: ZoneAlarm PRO
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:05 am 
How do I configure this to work with ZoneAlarm Pro?

Post subject: Hmm.......
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:01 am 
If u have Windows XP turn of the XP firewall. I have Zone and i never really had to do that. If u do need to open ports it is in hear let me look. O ok hear we go it is OPen up zone then click on Firewall>then you see those tabs which say Main, Zones, and Expert. CLick on Main and then Internet Zone Secuirty, Then Click on Custom settings in that place which is on the right corner of the window. You should see the settings and scroll down and it is straight forward after that. But BEFORE YOU DO THIS TRY THE XP FIREWALL OF FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:49 am 
Lol with these firewall softwares, when they ask for program permission to access internet, you just accept and the program can use any port it wants. No need to do anything else. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:19 am 

Not sure about ZoneAlarm Pro, but I use the free version. Make sure you have Internet Zone Security (under the Firewall menu) set to MEDIUM. High is fine if you're only using your machine for web and email, but it's too high for most anything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:08 am 
Just checked mine and it set to high. Using zonealarm pro and currently downloading with bit torrent at 61kb/s. So it has not affected my download in any way. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:34 am 

<shrug> Pro may allow you to bypass the "high" setting by setting incoming forwards, I don't know.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]