the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:15 pm 
Oh wait i forwarded these ports : 6881 - 6999

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:04 pm 
Sometimes the checker-torrent return "I can connect to you. Perfect score". But sometimes it claim that I'm behind a firewall (NAT check failed. Check for firewalls or port forwarding).

My ISP doe not use a Transparant Proxy, I've disabled all firewalls and got the port forwarding set. Usually all downloads give green light, I'm just wondering how this is possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:31 pm 
i took thecynics advice and port fowarded 7045 to 7050 and it speed up my bittorrent but its still now green i also fowarded 6881 to 6999 still yellow i used the port foward all option and still nothing, i scaned for melwire still yellow what can i do to make it go to green
(i am using the sbc system config that has port fowarding www.gateway.2wire.net)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:32 pm 
wrong link it was www.gateway.2wire.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:03 am 
@z0DIAC666
Check that you use exactly the same ports on the router and in the bittornado prefrences. If you still use the 6881-6881 setting from your original thread, forward more ports and use other ports than from the default bt port range (6881-6999). But as long as you can get green lights all should be fine.

@Roann
Also check that the ports in your router and the ports in bittornado are the same and verify that you forward the ports to the correct IP. The correct IP is the computer where you want to run BT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:18 pm 
i get this for both the torrents,

I can connect to you. Perfect score.

but, whne i'm DLin an actual torrent, i have a constant yellow light, and i also have a download rate of an amazin 0kB/s

what is wrong??

please help,

thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:55 pm 
sorry for double post.

but i've been lookin thru the forum, an i DLed spybot, an i had the DSO exploit like alot of the others, and i got rid of it, and my DL speed on torrents went upto 7kB/s WOOT lol, it's still pathetic tho, and i still have a constant yellow light :(

Post subject: damn yellow light
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:08 pm 
i keep on gettin the yellow light, it is annoying as hell.....when i normally from IE i get abt 15 kbps but using bittornado i only get upto an amazin speed of 1 kbps. the connection thingy says transparent firewall but can still connect to you. Adequate. i know that my isp uses a firewall bcuz i am in saudi arabia and there is no way around it. i have tried port forwarding and everything, from 6881-6899 and 7045-7050 and have even tried usin random ports (21345) but havnt gotten very good results yet. when i use bitcomet, i can get dl speed of upto 20 kbps but bitcomet is very unreliable and barley ever works with any trackers, it always gives the same error of cant connecto to any tracker. btw, i need to use a proxy to surf the net and i cant find any place to put a proxy in the settings of bittornado.....any advice? i have tried using http tunnelers and SOCKSCap but cant seem to come up with anything. my u/l speed can go very high sometimes but my d/l speed stays SO LOW!! any advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:41 pm 
i get the error:

rejected by tracker - NAT check failed to overwrite IP address. Check for firewalls or Port Forwarding

i dont know why it says this, i have made sure that port forwarding is on and correctly set, and there are no firewalls. but whats up with the ip address?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:55 pm 
ok, somewhat better, now i get the error message:

rejected by tracker - accepted IP override with perfect score. Not all trackers will accept it though

i still have no idea, i try downloading something and i get a green light, but the download speed is 0kb/s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:52 pm 
I keep getting the same message

rejected by tracker - accepted IP override with perfect score. Not all trackers will accept it though

I'm with NTl and use a linksys router, I have a green light half the time and yellows the other. Could a transparent proxy be the cause if so is there anything I can do?

So far I have forwarded ports 6881-6889 set BT to use these ports, entered my IP into the local IP and disableed all my software firewalls. What am I missing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:31 am 
I removed the ip address from local IP field and got

rejected by tracker I can connect to you perfect score

However, I still get the occasional yellow and when I do get greens it still only dL's at 10 max

whats wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:20 am 
Transparent proxy caches only work on port 80, so you will only run into problems with trackers using port 80.

Trackers should detect your real IP (green lights), if a.) they are able to do so and b.) if the transparent proxy is not an anonymous proxy. If the tracker doesn't detect your real IP, you can use the IP override with the "local IP" option, but unfortunately not all trackers accept that field.

Also avoid to use the normal bittorrent port range 6881-6999, use another port range.

Post subject: Driving me mad!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:28 pm 
I am using a NetGear WGR614 (not wireless) and cannot figure out how to go GREEN. I have looked at many posts and followed all applicable advice with no success. I am assuming that I have screwed up setting my static IP address or forwarding the ports. I have read and reread many times...Please help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:36 am 
I am getting more greens now but it is still slower than it should be.

Why will changing the standard BT ports to others make a difference?

Also I am on a network with 5 other people and BT sucks all the bandwidth no matter how slow it is downloading. For example I was Dl around 3kb/s my girlfriend was downloading on winMX at 0.5kb/s I paused my BT and hers jumped to 60kb/s and her downloading doesn't slow anyone down!

Also no matter how many people are using the connection it doesn't seem to make a difference to my speeds; they are slow all the time!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next