the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:28 am 
Forward the ports used by bittornado to your computer. If more than one computer on your net is using bt, you have to split up the port ranges. Limit/divide the upload bandwith on/to all computers. You router (if you use one) may also have problems with the amount of connections.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:43 am 
Is it possible to get a green light when my ISP gives me a PRIVATE IP address?

What if they don't grant me port forwarding? Is there any way to overcome the problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:03 am 
Ok, people that are behind transparent proxies and have dynamic IP addresses.

Get a dynamic ip handler, such as the one from http://www.no-ip.com and set up an account with them. put youraccountname.no-ip.com into the prefs, advanced, local ip field and bingo, green light.

Also, getting the dynamic ip handler to start up as a service can make things easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:49 pm 
May also require manual announcing when you resumes torrents.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:34 pm 
I ran both of the systems and got :"NAT check failed. Check for firewalls or port forwarding."

which is 1 of the three... but I don't knw what to do from there I have a wireless D-link card and d d-link wireless router in my house. Could someone give me steps on how to fix my problem I know there's something about the port I think I might have to change or disable the firewall. I don't know how to do this. I also have windows XP if that helps any

Please help, I can do it if I have steps but none of these really give steps that already exist helps me on what do to.

I did erase that malware thing but I still have the yellow light.

If someone does reply could you put the name danielle at the top so I know you are talking to me. that would be a lot of help!

Thanks a bunch!!

Danielle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:19 am 

I have got "Transparent proxy detected, but I can still connect to you. Adequate" what i can do??????????

And i have already got green light, but the download speed is very very low,
whats wrong??????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:19 pm 
how do u "change your port settings" or w/e? i have dsl, and have a 2Wire Home Portal Moniter. Do i change it through there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:25 pm 

colin8 wrote:
how do u "change your port settings" or w/e? i have dsl, and have a 2Wire Home Portal Moniter. Do i change it through there?

Very Simple just:
1.Click Start
2.Click Run
3.Then type cmd
4.In the new window type ipconfig/all
5.Then find a Default Gateway and remenber number
6.Open the Internet Exploder
7.Type your Default Gateway number then press go/enter
8.In there find a Virtual Server
9.Then type there your service port (and your server ip too) you want

Thats all!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:07 am 
Is there any intention to develop BitTornado to feature "Connection Reversal" or other protocol, making it possible for NATed computers to stablish incomming connectios with oher peers?

Does anyone knows if is there any P2P client that works for NATed people, just like me and probably something like 80% of the computers with access to the internet?

Post subject: Help!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:51 pm 
Do I use the WAN Ip Address found at www.whatismyip.com as my Host Ip for Bit Tornado and my Router? (Which changes each time my router is reset)

I am still getting the yellow light and the Nat - Firewall/Port error under the connection checker - I took a screenshot of my Router setup under virtual server and my details on Bit Torrnado, please tell me if I am doing anything wrong! I take it i'm supposed to use the Wan Ip and not the Lan Ip if i'm on a home wireless network?

Or should my Static WAN IP be used for the virtual server Host In Router settings and Bt Advanced settings?

Also, It says at http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/25.html that it doesn't matter if youre NAT'd, I'm using a Dynamic Nat config, will this matter?!

Router Virt Server Config - http://fiveonefive515.orcon.net.nz/8974387934.JPG

BT Settings-
http://fiveonefive515.orcon.net.nz/325.JPG

Advanced Settings-
http://fiveonefive515.orcon.net.nz/325.JPG

Post subject: Not working.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:18 am 
I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 and have done port forwarding and port triggering to 5000-5555 and i still cant get it to work. I can download off of bit torrent but only at a yellow signal. This is rather annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:31 am 
ok, connected straight to the modem, no router and no firewall and STILL getting yellow light and the test keeps saying check the firewall. I am changing the bittornado prt ranges and still the same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:42 pm 
I am getting the error:

no data from tracker

What does this mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:30 pm 

ok wtf wrote:
ok, connected straight to the modem, no router and no firewall and STILL getting yellow light and the test keeps saying check the firewall. I am changing the bittornado prt ranges and still the same thing.

Then that may mean that your modem is also a NAT router. What IP does your computer get assigned to its NIC according to "ipconfig /all" ?

Post subject: plz help
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:01 am 
hi

'NAT check failed check for firewalls or port fowarding'
I got that after doing the test, my this is on yellow and it goes sooo slow
I turned my firewall off, but where is this port fowarding thingo suppose to be?

Plz, help is appreciated
thx

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next