the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:44 pm 
hi all

i have 512 broadband service from blueyonder. i have no software firewall. i am running win98se.

i have icky yellow light. and a MAX download rate of 3kb/s (whoop de doo!)

i have forwarded my ports - light still yellow, DL rate still pants

i have completely disabled router (belkin) firewall - light still yellow, DL rate still pants

i have set the DMZ setting on my router to just exclude my machine from the firewall - light still yellow, DL rate still pants

i set the Local IP setting in BitTornado advanced prefs to my WAN IP - light still yellow, DL rate still pants

i ran ad-aware (my system was clean) - light still yellow, DL rate still pants

is there ANYTHING left for me to try??

as an example, i am currently DLing an cd-image (634mb). the DL rate is 1kb/s and the UL rate is 11kb/s. according to the info it should download in 117 hours. At this rate i think i would prolly better off hopping on a bus and knocking on peoples door asking if i can perhaps i copy a bit of their file onto a floppy disk and take it home.

pleeease help if u can. bittorrent sound like a genuis idea...if only it would work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:02 pm 
ooooh ooooh ooooh

someone (thanks vegitta) in the Why is being firewalled bad? forum suggested that ports 6881-6889 might be blocked by isp and one should try ports 7045 to 7050. i made the changed my port forwarding accordingly and ran the connection checker... it came back with "rejected by tracker - i can connect to you perfect score". i wasnt sure of that was good or bad.

i made the port changes in the BT prefs window.....and hey presto the cd image that was DLing at 1kbs on a yellow light is now miraculously DLing at 17kb/s on a green light.

so from this i can leap to the conclusion that blueyonder users should fiddle wih their ports.

as i write the DL rate is up to 27kb/s :)

happy fiddling.

Post subject: Ok this worked good luck
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:47 pm 
Ok so i have been reading through this for weeks now, trying to figure out why in the world i couldn't get it to work. So 5 nights ago i had opened (i have 2wire 1000sw, SBC dsl 6.0mbps down 608 up) ports 1000-60000. Yes i'm clinically retarded, i opened up 50,000 ports on my router. Only to find out that my internet connection was barely functionable and i was locked out of my 172.16.0.1 system summary. It was port scanning so moral of that story is don't mess with it i had to reflash the bios it was a bitch. OK, heres how i fixed the green light

1. I opened up my system summary page, usually some 192/172.16 blah blah blah.

2. I went to firewall setting and click on Add new user defined.
3. Left it tdp, opened up 6000-7000, left timeout blank (default is 84600) and made the last one the same as the first port opened i.e 6000 in this case.
4. Opened up bit tornado. Clicked on prefs
5. Changed my ports to be looking on from blah to 6000-7000 and BAM green light every single time now haven't had a problem since.

My only question to you guys is, if i open up more ports i.e 1000-2000, 2001-3000-3001-4001 etc etc. will i get a better download speed? I get 70 right now, i saw it max out today at 208 kbps possible to open more and get better?

thanks guys i really hope this helps because god knows i was pulling out my hair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:10 am 
The number of ports doesn't matter, bittornado uses 1 port per download instance, so with 1 download running you really need only 1 port opened. More simultaneously downloads needs more ports opened. If you use the randomize feature, you have to open the whole port range you specified in the the preferences of bittornado. If your ISP is blocking ports, you should move your ports out of the default bt port range (6881-6999) like thecynic did. Don't use ports below 5000.

Post subject: fucking firewall
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:27 pm 
I took the test for the yellow light problem says nat check failed check for firewalls or port forwarding ive opened the ports disabled windows and my routers firewall and it keeps getting yellow i do download but much slower then a friend of mine and that sucks (btw i have better connection) port forwarding doeseent work either tried slow fast and disbled all the same....what to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:25 pm 
Chalk me up as another one who gets this error:

Problem Connecting to tracker - HTTP Error-1

Does anyone have any clue whatsoever why this is happening? I can't even begin downloads anymore at all, this is extremely frustrating and I've tried about everything I can think of.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: firewall
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:16 pm 
i have tired opening my port on the linksys router i tried adjusting my ports for my firewall. I have tried everything when i dl the Connection Checker i get a message saying "rejected by tracker-NAT check failed. CHeck for firewalls or port forwarding. Please help i have a cable modem and i can only dl at 5k wtf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:29 am 
If you're using Bit Tornado it uses a completely different port range to the default 6891 to 6999. In "Prefs" you will see the port range. For me it was set to 10000 to 60000. Choose a random number between 10000 and 60000, set that number your "From" port. Add 20 to that number and set that as you "To" port. Then map that port range through your NAT/Firewall. Fixed my green light problems.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:45 am 
How dangerously is it when i open on my router all the ports from 10000-60000?
i've now green light on bittornado and a very good dl
before i opened 6881-6899 and there was still yellow light but now hmm
but i'm a little bit aware of opened up to 50000 ports so?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:10 am 
The ports are only opened to the outside world if there is a program listening on the forwarded ports on your computer. But you don't need to forward that much ports and it would be more secure, in case your computer has some malicious programs on it. Just forward 10 or 20 ports on your router, i.e. 11000- 11019, then configure bittornado to use these forwarded ports.

Post subject: Help Please
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:25 pm 
I get a perfect score from this, but my light is always yellow regardless. Is anything wrong??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:07 pm 
i have to supid yellow light i have all windows firewalls off spybot is clean im not even on a router its a 100mb lan line and it says that forward ports and disable firewall any ideas how to fix it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:31 pm 
mine says rejected by tracker - i can connect to you ,perfect score. is that bad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:04 pm 

When has a perfect score been bad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:14 pm 
Just port forward the ports in bittornado it worked for me.

I also forwarded the same ports in my router.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next