the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:41 pm 
Guest wrote:
I have a wireless router as well and I have been so stumped by slow speed as well as this Yellow light - through all this reading NOTING helped - I got the dreaded Nat Error when i would run that connection torrent file. BUT I FINNALLY figured it out and NOW have a beautiful green light... With DSL, I have a lovely dsl Router too, didnt know that! BUT it is firewalled as well....

So, I went to my 172... address and unchecked that baby - Works fine for me.

Thank yall for your help BTW! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I think i have the same problem, but i dont know exactly what you mean you did, can you explain better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:08 am 
Hi! I Use BitTornado(Newest version) on my PC and i get this Error message when i DLed the Connection Checker: [color=red]"Transparent proxy and couldn't get your real ip address". It only started doing this 2 days ago(I have had all green light and good speeds before then) I use Netzero as my isp for my Desktop and AOL 9.0 Free trial for my Laptop and i get 5-10 kb/s(Don't laugh, i use dial-up) on Laptop(Light is ALWAYS Green) and 0-1 on my Desktop(With yellow light ALL the time now). I forwarded ports on both Computers, so is it my isp and is there anyway i can fix it? If any nice gentlemen can help a sister out that would be cool.

Thankies![/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:01 pm 
I get a Perfect Score, but my torrent speeds are STILL unbelievably slow...I cant stand it. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:53 am 
@Sango Chan
Check your computer with ad-awareor spybot for any spyware.
Go to the windows control panel, internet options, connection tab. Then choose your dial-up connection, click on settings and disable any proxy server. Do the same with LAN settings.
If it still detects a proxy server, your ISP is really using a transparent proxy and you didn't noticed it yet (normally they work only on connections on port 80). You can enter your current online IP in bittornado, advanced preferences in the "Local IP" field, so bittornado submits your IP to the tracker and you should get a green light (not all trackers support the "local IP" override). You can find your current online or WAN IP if you double-click on the connections symbol in the system tray, then go to the details tab.

@Gackt
Try limiting your upload speed to ~80% of your max possible upstream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:34 am 
ok. used the connection checker and got "rejected by tracker - NAT check failed. Check for firewalls or port forwarding".

i have a belkin router on which i made alterations to allow ports 6881 - 6889 to be accessable.

tried connection checker again and got exactly the same message.

went to router again and this time just completely disabled firewall.

tried the connection checker and have got the same message.

where to now? anyone have any ideas? appreciate any help cos otherwise movies r gonna take 3 months to download :(

thanks

sud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:23 pm 
Check that you use the same ports in the bittornado preferences as you did in the router config. Also be sure to forward the ports to the correct IP, that should be the IP of the computer that runs bittornado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:00 pm 
thanks,

i didnt forward to my puters ip.

i have my 1st movie :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:33 pm 
pun¡sher wrote:
@Sango Chan
Go to the windows control panel, internet options, connection tab. Then choose your dial-up connection, click on settings and disable any proxy server. Do the same with LAN settings.
If it still detects a proxy server, your ISP is really using a transparent proxy and you didn't noticed it yet (normally they work only on connections on port 80). You can enter your current online IP in bittornado, advanced preferences in the "Local IP" field, so bittornado submits your IP to the tracker and you should get a green light (not all trackers support the "local IP" override). You can find your current online or WAN IP if you double-click on the connections symbol in the system tray, then go to the details tab.

Hi! I just tried everything you said and i now how Green light!! My downloads went from 27 HRS - 4 HRS (there almost as fast as my mom's Laptop DLs now), Been at 90% for 2 weeks now o_0, but will get done today thanks to you! :D I can't thank you enough! *Hugs Punisher*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:35 pm 
pun¡sher wrote:
@Sango Chan

Hi! I just tried everything you said and i now have Green light!! My downloads went from 27 HRS - 4 HRS (there almost as fast as my mom's Laptop DLs now), Been at 90% for 2 weeks now o_0, but will get done today thanks to you! :D I can't thank you enough! *Hugs Punisher*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:37 pm 
Sorry about the double post. The mod may delete the first one.

Post subject: Aaack! *pulls hair out*
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:43 pm 
I've been working at "the yellow dot problem" for 3 weeks now. Having found these forums last night, I thought my work was over... So, I downloaded the tester:

"Client sent IP address *BLAH*. *BLEH* is unacceptible"

Yay.
So, I checked what Bittornado thought my "Local IP" was. I checked out, but because the problem had occured, I tried tossing my public IP into the field... but got the same error. Then, on a whim, I left the field blank. It seemed to have fixed my problem, as I got this response:

"NAT check failed. Check for firewalls or port forwarding."

Unless I'm mistaken, isn't that better? Or have I encountered an anomaly? If so, how can I fix the problem I encountered with the first error message?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:54 pm 
how do you forward your ports?????

Post subject: Nat Erro
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:09 pm 
I read through the thread and most of the issue seemed to be with port forwarding. I have a SMC router and I'm getting the error "NAT CHECK FAILED (WITH TRANSPART PROXY) CHECK FOR PORT FORWARDING. I checked everything. I was using Azureus and I was getting the error message NAT error. So I downloaded bit torrent and I having the same problem where I can't connect. I have WINXP and i disabled the Firewall and also on my router.
Is there anything I can do...I am new to this so any help will be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:47 pm 
You're one of the lucky ones. I don't think I could even connect to whatever program the connection checker is meant to run. Both checkers just return url open error, 'Operation Timed out'

I'm forwarding my ports, I have no idea of what uPnP, but disabled it in BT, I removed ZoneAlarm just to be on the safe side (hah!) , but still only crappy speeds of 2Kb, maybe 4Kb if I'm lucky.

Painstakingly yours,

Boyd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:22 am 
Hello guys. I just ran the connection checker and I got "NAT check failed, check for firewalls or port forwarding".

I've already turned off the Windows SP2 built-in firewall and as far as I know, I've set my router to forward ports under its NAT section.

Btw, what ports need to be forwarded?
I set 6881-6999 and also 45590-45600 because some other forum said some ISPs are starting to block 6881-6889.
Are there any other ports that need to be forwarded?

Thanks. :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next