the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Cheers for everything..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:53 pm 
Right. Where to begin..! Im runnin XP on a Belkin Wireless router and (dont laugh) Tesco are my ISP. 512k ADSL.

Had major arse ache trying to get rid of the poxy yellow light and this forum has finally fixed it.

How I did it!:

Forwarded my ports in Virtual Server on the router and changed the range to outside of 6881-6889 as I think that the ISP are throttling(?) the dl's through those ports. I tried and tried to dl the connection app and by changing certain things along the way I worked out my best config.

For me it was NOT putting in my IP addy in Prefs/Adv. and leaving that field blank. I opened ports 7048-7050 on the router and then changed the ports to be used in BT prefs. as a test and tried again and bingo! Perfectomundo.

Dunno if it helps anyone but when my IP addy was in it was kicking me an "Ip override accepted.... best you can do" message until I removed my IP. Hopefully this will help someone else cos Im now a happy lil bunny.

Just a small piece of advice too. NOT A FLAME btw. It really helps if you try and look on the forums and see if someone has answered your question already in a prior post. Saves a lot of hassle and it actually feels good if you fix something without being walked through it!!!

Cheers for everything Shadow/PunAisher/DeHackEd etc..

Post subject: how do i fix this
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:33 pm 
I got this on both of those connection checkers.

http://img198.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img198&image=wtf3dz.jpg

Post subject: The check i did
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:11 am 
i get yellow light when i use this bittornado.. and i am using blackice firewall which i am very sure i have made it to allow bittornado

my error says
reejcted by tracker- NAT check failed[with transparent proxy]. Check for port forwarding

so is this the router problem??? can tell me what exactly to do..pls i will VERY much appreciate it ...i have speeds of around 1-10kb ..and when i download from websites i can get 100 over kb easy..sometimes 170-200kb ..i am on cable.. i tried even naruto file with high seeders and my fren got 200 over kb with that file and i got only 20 at most...PLS HELP..i am begging u ...end my misery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:45 am 
Learn how to use netcat and verify your settings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:09 pm 
Hi all

Well i added a Netgear Router and wireless card yesterday and after a year of using Shadows Experimental i downloaded BitTornado for my new computer and every download on the new computer now is bringing up the Yellow circle, where as if i use BitTornado on the other computer it's fine and has a Green circle.

anybody got any idea because i've downloaded the file here and it says everything is perfect?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:35 pm 
Hi, i have just downloaded Bit Tornado, and i can't download anything, i'm not even getting a yellow light, it's just black all the time, when i download this file, i get this error,

"NAT check failed. Check for firewalls or port forwarding."

and i have done everything described in the guide for my router on www.portforwarding.com, i have my ports set at 6881-6999, does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with my setup??

Please Help,
Bael

Do ou think if i phoned my ISP up, they would be able to guide me through setting up Bit Torrent so it works??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:52 am 
heh nice to see some nice speedy help forums =/

anyway, i did something, but now when i download these files i dont get an error at all, not even one to tell me perfect, i just get download completed successfully, and yet on proper download my status light is always black

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:30 am 
Does anybody know anything about Wideye DE200UE USB/Ethernet ADSL Bridge Modem? I am using it...

Oh yea, I have yellow lights too... Cant figure it out. My XP firewall is disabled already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:56 pm 
I got "problem getting response info"

Post subject: 'Portaging' the ports
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:48 am 
I followed advice given here in this forum and 'portaged' my ports from 6881~89 to 7045~50. My downloads are hooking up with lots of peers and seeds now; needless to say, a much better situation as far as speed and green lights go!
This is the best, most informative forum of its kind around. Keep it up...

THANKS EVERYONE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:41 am 
I keep on getting this error

Problem connecting to tracker - [errno http error] 404

Any tips?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:34 pm 
Is there any way to do the whole port forwarding thing if you don't really have control over the router? My dad goes nuts if I do anything to his connections and computer stuffs. I'm fine as long as I stick to my own computer. What all can I do and what will I just have to put up with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:50 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
I got "problem getting response info"

what does this mean? Can someone respond to this please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:41 pm 
go to pref and make sure the port range matches the ones on your router, 6881-6999

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:07 am 
I GET THE SAME THING!! I can run my whole setup with out a firewall.. but some how.. am still firewalled..

guest wrote:
ok. used the connection checker and got "rejected by tracker - NAT check failed. Check for firewalls or port forwarding".

i have a belkin router on which i made alterations to allow ports 6881 - 6889 to be accessable.

tried connection checker again and got exactly the same message.

went to router again and this time just completely disabled firewall.

tried the connection checker and have got the same message.

where to now? anyone have any ideas? appreciate any help cos otherwise movies r gonna take 3 months to download :(

thanks

sud

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next