the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:50 pm 
LMAO nvm it works <_<
it just needed some time for it to kick in

Post subject: cnt connect
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:56 pm 
hello, i cnt do anything on bittorrent because its says" couldn't listen- unable to foward port via UPnP!! can i hav sum help i dnt wt to do. do i hav 2 open ports im on a Lan btw! help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:09 pm 
Hello my BT is set to 6881 - 6910

those ports are forwarded on my router (netgear mr814)

some torrents are fine and run at 120kb/s green, ive got some now that are running at 10kb/s and are yellow...

I dont understand

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:53 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Hello my BT is set to 6881 - 6910

those ports are forwarded on my router (netgear mr814)

some torrents are fine and run at 120kb/s green, ive got some now that are running at 10kb/s and are yellow...

I dont understand

I belive that has to do with whatever tracker you are using. If people open ports 15000 - 15020 thats alll fine, but if you go to a different torrent site and download from there, that tracker may use 45000-45500 ports, ergo you get green on one download yet yellow on another.

So, i open a couple ranges of ports to cover this, but it still sux as I use a humungus different torrent sites. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:05 pm 
how can u find out what ports each site uses??Im set at 15000-15020 and im have this same problem except i get all yellow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:58 pm 

No no no. This isn't about what ports the site uses. That means roughly nothing. I you can get a yellow light, the "site" is just fine.

The port setting in bittornado is about what port YOU use. This is the port you have to forward in your router. People will try to connect to you using this port. If they are succeeding, you get a green light.

Post subject: This is annoying
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:17 am 
I am running XP Pro, I have a WRT54G, and for some reason nothing I do seems to work to get a green light. is there a list of things that I should be doing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:18 am 
bytetorrent wrote:
"I can connect to you. Perfect score." for me. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:47 pm 
if Bit Tornado says "couldn't listen- unable to foward port via UPnP" then what you do is go under "Pref" and then under the settings for the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) just disable it, downside is though, if you have devices that are plug and play and are connected thru the network, they kinda don't "plug and play"

Now to my problem, as most ppl have asked throughout the forum, I have the following:

Router: Netgear WGR614 v6
Modem: Speedstream 5100
ISP: SBC Yahoo DSL
Max Transfer Rate: 1.5mbps download ~ 384kbps upload
Firewall: SP2 (disabled)
Torrent Software: BitTornado
Norton Systemworks + Ad-Aware + S&D Spybot
*I am currently hardwired

Just like most people i have opened my ports 10,000 to 60,000. This is based on the Pref of BitTornado using that range.
I just did this like 15 mins ago, now once i restarted BitTornado, everything is green thus far, and the download rate is steadily increasing to somewhat reasonable levels. I hope that this solves my problem, and for anyone else. Just let the BitTornado window stay open for a while don't get impatient. *note i am also just downloading 2 things simutaneously*

I guess check what your port range is on the program you wish to run, and then add it into the port forwarding in your router.

What I have learned is that the Speedstream modems SUCK!!!
They are good for a single PC, but once run thru a router, it is like shit. Unfortunately SBC does not off much on variety of modems, the only other one is a 2Wire modem/router, which SUCKS ASS!!!!! *pardon the language*

I traditionally do like 8 downloads at a time and max out my d/l rate, but well i ran out of stuff to download, as I am typing, im checking my d/l rate and it's like 25kbps+ *good for me

I think that this Netgear router is more somewhat user friendly compared to Linksys WRT54G v4. As many features they gave to access, it was more of a pain in the ass to deal with, plus it took up more desk space the way it is designed.

www.portforward.com/routers.htm is a good site, but not for the Netgear WGR614, because it doesn't list it.

What i did before and shouldn't have done was contact my ISP *SBC Yahoo* and consult them [damn stupid outsourced tech support] First off everytime i try to call, their system does a check by doing a test on your modem, it basically shot my internet down. I contacted them to see if they have any different modems to offer, they didn't even listen, all they did was repeat shit over n over, *it sounded like they were reading it from a manual*

Now that I am done with my ranting good luck to the rest of ya

*Make friends with a tech, they'll save ur downloading ass*

Post subject: woot
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:58 pm 
perfect score baby

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:06 pm 
hmm, I hardly ever get green light - this torrent said NAT disabled. but I have made bittornado an exception in my XP firewall and my router is triggered with 6969 to the proper range of incoming ports. what am I missing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:21 am 

Trackers don't always use port 6969. The tester has two torrents. One uses port 80, the other port 6969.

And before you go adding 80 to the trigger port, know that your web browser uses port 80 ALL THE TIME. It's what the web uses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:15 pm 
When I run the connection checker, I get "NAT check failed. Check for firewalls or port forwarding."

When I set my public IP to my local IP, I get "NAT check failed to overrided IP address. Check for firewalls or port forwarding."

I have my software firewall (Trend Micro Internet Security) set to allow traffic from all programs and ports if they aren't on my blacklist, and I have my port forwarded (I'm using ABC 3.1, and the port is in between 40,000 and 50,000) to my computer from my router. Can anyone provide any insight as to why this isn't working?

Post subject: Try this fix
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:16 pm 
BBYSFT wrote:
if Bit Tornado says "couldn't listen- unable to foward port via UPnP" then what you do is go under "Pref" and then under the settings for the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) just disable it, downside is though, if you have devices that are plug and play and are connected thru the network, they kinda don't "plug and play"

Now to my problem, as most ppl have asked throughout the forum, I have the following:

Router: Netgear WGR614 v6
Modem: Speedstream 5100
ISP: SBC Yahoo DSL
Max Transfer Rate: 1.5mbps download ~ 384kbps upload
Firewall: SP2 (disabled)
Torrent Software: BitTornado
Norton Systemworks + Ad-Aware + S&D Spybot
*I am currently hardwired

Just like most people i have opened my ports 10,000 to 60,000. This is based on the Pref of BitTornado using that range.
I just did this like 15 mins ago, now once i restarted BitTornado, everything is green thus far, and the download rate is steadily increasing to somewhat reasonable levels. I hope that this solves my problem, and for anyone else. Just let the BitTornado window stay open for a while don't get impatient. *note i am also just downloading 2 things simutaneously*

I guess check what your port range is on the program you wish to run, and then add it into the port forwarding in your router.

What I have learned is that the Speedstream modems SUCK!!!
They are good for a single PC, but once run thru a router, it is like shit. Unfortunately SBC does not off much on variety of modems, the only other one is a 2Wire modem/router, which SUCKS ASS!!!!! *pardon the language*

I traditionally do like 8 downloads at a time and max out my d/l rate, but well i ran out of stuff to download, as I am typing, im checking my d/l rate and it's like 25kbps+ *good for me

I think that this Netgear router is more somewhat user friendly compared to Linksys WRT54G v4. As many features they gave to access, it was more of a pain in the ass to deal with, plus it took up more desk space the way it is designed.

www.portforward.com/routers.htm is a good site, but not for the Netgear WGR614, because it doesn't list it.

What i did before and shouldn't have done was contact my ISP *SBC Yahoo* and consult them [damn stupid outsourced tech support] First off everytime i try to call, their system does a check by doing a test on your modem, it basically shot my internet down. I contacted them to see if they have any different modems to offer, they didn't even listen, all they did was repeat shit over n over, *it sounded like they were reading it from a manual*

Now that I am done with my ranting good luck to the rest of ya

*Make friends with a tech, they'll save ur downloading ass*

Try out the fix on this page:
http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101306.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:43 am 
i get the nat check failed, im not running any firewalls that i know of. imcompletely noob at this and ive tried to understand, ive read 3 pages already and i dont understand any of it, please take me step by step on how to get rid of the yellow light thnx in advance

ps hurry i must watch fullmetal ahhh

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next