the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:04 pm 
i keep on getting "Sorry, i'm programmed to only accecpt ports starting at 1024" Can anyone help me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:54 pm 
wuming wrote:
tried the test again.. and this time i got the error msg "rejected by tracker nat check failed check for firewalls or port forwarding". but i already forwarded my ports and the status light is green.. what is wrong??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:54 am 
wuming wrote:
tried the test again.. and this time i got the error msg "rejected by tracker nat check failed check for firewalls or port forwarding". but i already forwarded my ports and the status light is green.. what is wrong??

how do u forward the ports and my icon is red wat does that mean. . .i download games, movies etc. using bittornado but most of the time i cant get high download speeds, yet i have fiber optic internet systems by verizon can sumone please help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:30 pm 
It says that I go rejected by the tracker. So do I need to disable my firewall? (which I am having trouble with accessing).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:02 am 
mm.. i use the torrent checker and it said i can connect to u.Perfect score

but i still get yellow light even though i use a 2wire ethernet wireless modem i edit my firewall settings and allowed bittornado in the list as incoming list but my light is still yellow how come?? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:49 am 
I ran the test and it told me that NAT failed. check port forwarding and firwall. but i have forwarded ports on my router and windows firewall. it still says i am firewalled. so i called my isp. they dont firewall any connections or block ports. i even turned off my firewall and it says the same thing. i ran the tweak test on dslreports.com. it said i was unpingable. so i following the instructions to fix that and ran the test and i am still unpingable. does anyone know what is going on with this. i have wireless dsl and run a dlink 604 router. i even disconnected the router and ran the internet straight to my ocmputer and it says im still firewalled so i guess it has something to do with my computer. PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I RIP OUT MY HAIR!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:36 am 
you might have a firewall on your modem

disconnect your router and just plug in the modem with a computer

in your search browser where you would type www.google.com type in 192.168.1.1

then type in the

username: admin
password: admin

Then click ok, then go to www.portforward.com

and click on forwarding and find your modem name in that huge pile of router and modems, then find the program you want to open the ports to

then hopefully it will work, not promissing anything

im having problems myself, but i think i know what to do now, im crossing my fingers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:34 am 
when i connected i got NAT failed. check port forwarding and firwall i have no clue what i need to do next. i use bittorando and my forwarding ports are 10000-10010 what should i do next?

Post subject: tracker
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:11 pm 
if my tracker is fucked is there a way to fix it because it is really getting on my tits now

Post subject: Error n i dunno
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:59 pm 
"NAT check failed (with transpart proxy) check port forward"

ive disabled xp firewall and ive configured norton (ive even shut norton off to test) and ive portforwarded my router and still stuck at yellow, any ideas as to what to do?

Post subject: question...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:24 pm 
i have a situation... well... the health of course is yellow. n im on my computer and im torrenting and such blah blah, it takes like 2 hours to get something thats 300 mb, which i dont mind because i have the time to wait it out. but its when im dling crap thats like a couple gigs like discographies n anime bunches, n it takes like "uknown" amount of time that really ticks me off =/. ive turned off all firewalls n such n its still yellow. well i have a sister n she has a laptop, n she uses the wireless connection that connects to my router, right, n she sometimes dls the same thing i do n the status is green n the speed goes way much faster than mine. i checked the settings n its the same as mine n she didnt port forward or anything. does it matter that shes on a wireless connection or something? plz help :?

Post subject: Re: question...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:28 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
i have a situation... well... the health of course is yellow. n im on my computer and im torrenting and such blah blah, it takes like 2 hours to get something thats 300 mb, which i dont mind because i have the time to wait it out. but its when im dling crap thats like a couple gigs like discographies n anime bunches, n it takes like "uknown" amount of time that really ticks me off =/. ive turned off all firewalls n such n its still yellow. well i have a sister n she has a laptop, n she uses the wireless connection that connects to my router, right, n she sometimes dls the same thing i do n the status is green n the speed goes way much faster than mine. i checked the settings n its the same as mine n she didnt port forward or anything. does it matter that shes on a wireless connection or something? plz help :?

*editing* - 2 hours should b 1 n a half to be more specific, n instead of 300mb... its 100mb stuff... =/

Post subject: Re: connection checker
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:15 am 
TheSHAD0W wrote:
A very smart friend of mine wrote a PHP script for me that you folks may find useful for testing purposes. To use it, grab this torrent:

http://bittornado.com/connection-checker.torrent gnfgnfgnfgnfgn

Running this torrent will ALWAYS return an error -- but the error message will tell you whether your port is open or whether you're behind a transparent web proxy.

(Edited) As a note, if you are behind a transparent proxy, some older trackers won't be able to discover your true IP and may cause you to run in firewalled mode. The transparent proxy may or may not provide your true IP in the HTTP headers; the test code will try and sniff it out (like a modern tracker would) and continue testing.

(Edited again) Some transparent proxies apparently don't change the HTTP headers and are therefore undetectable, and will just show as a firewalling problem. You can check for this situation by running this torrent:

http://bittornado.com/connection-checker-6969.torrent
** This torrent doesn't work right now. It will be updated soon.

Post subject: Re: connection checker
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:16 am 
TheSHAD0W wrote:
A very smart friend of mine wrote a PHP script for me that you folks may find useful for testing purposes. To use it, grab this torrent:

http://bittornado.com/connection-checker.torrent

Running this torrent will ALWAYS return an error -- but the error message will tell you whether your port is open or whether you're behind a transparent web proxy.

(Edited) As a note, if you are behind a transparent proxy, some older trackers won't be able to discover your true IP and may cause you to run in firewalled mode. The transparent proxy may or may not provide your true IP in the HTTP headers; the test code will try and sniff it out (like a modern tracker would) and continue testing.

(Edited again) Some transparent proxies apparently don't change the HTTP headers and are therefore undetectable, and will just show as a firewalling problem. You can check for this situation by running this torrent:

http://bittornado.com/connection-checker-6969.torrent
** This torrent doesn't work right now. It will be updated soon.

Post subject: no error message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:04 am 
I downloaded the torrent to check the connection as you advised. Even though it said that the torrent always returned an error message, I didn't get one. What does this mean?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next