the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:46 pm 

can anyone tell me how to get a green light with a Linksys befsr41 version 2 Firmware 1.40.2. The port forwarding screen is much different from all the other befsr41 screens.

Post subject: wrt54G
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:28 pm 
:D Opeted ports on linksys g router
Turned off windows firewall
Configured BT as directed
Wala Green llight!
VERY NOTICABLE IMPROVEMENT IN DOWN/UP
Thanks - you guys rock!
~share~ ~schneig~

Post subject: yellow light
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:38 am 
Anonymous wrote:
I have a Befsr41 V3

i have no idea where the wan ip is on this thing or how to get it to work, it looks the same, and i found the forwarding part, but i can't seem to find the wan ip, or to get it to work with getting rid of the yellow light

I am in the same boat,,,, I just installed Bit tornado and now have a yellow light,,, Did not have it with the old official BitTorrent...

any help would help ??

thanks,

Post subject: Green !!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:50 am 
I got my green,,, My fix was to set the ports to match my router in the bit tornado preferences...

went from dl in the 30's to dl in the 100's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for all your post it really helped !!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:39 am 
uh, not that im complaining, but im still getting those crazy slow downloads which i am used to, so they arent slow really. but im jealous reading about you bitch about how 30 kbps is so little. the only time i got higher than 10 was at harvard, where i actually had a t3 line in a dorm to myself, and that spiked at 200 or more. so 7 or 200 whatever, its probably my dsl, even though i am right infront of a repeater.

max 'the guest'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:18 pm 

i cant get this thing working. Downloads are 3 kb/s max

my ip address using ipconfig /all in cmd

im using 35000 - 35020

my WAN IP

the changes

the circle is still yellow. i also tried ports 15000 - 15020, what did i do wrong.? windows firewall is disabled, but i did it with sygate on and off

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:40 pm 

is there anyone out there that could help? whats wrong with my setup? i forgot to include that i set up a static ip address

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:07 pm 
Allright, I'm frustrated. Tried this, but still yellow

I set up port forwarding, and hardcoded the WAN address, but Torrent page still shows me as firewalled. What could I be missing?

Adam wrote:
[Please note i am working with a BEFSR41 v.2 router with 1.46.00, Jun 24 2004 Firmware!]

Ive been trying to get the green light with Bit Tornado for 2 days now and have read countless posts on many forums on how to configure the BEFSR41, most of which didnt work. This is how i finally managed to sort it:

ROUTER CONFIGURATION

1) Open the Linksys router configuration by going to http://192.168.1.1 [or whatever you have changed it to]
2) Click the advanced link - Then the forwarding link
3) Under Customised Applications enter BitTorrent, then under Ext. Port enter a number between 10000 and 60000. With whatever number you have chosen add 20 to get the second number. These are the port ranges Bit Torrent will be operating on. [For an example, 15000 and 15020]
4) Place a check under Protocol TCP, and forward to whatever IP address you will be running Bit Torrent on - Then check the enable box! Then click the Apply button at the bottom.
5) Before you exit the router configuration click the Setup link, then the Status link. Find the WAN IP address option and take note of this number!

Bit Torrent Configuration

1) Download the conectionchecker.torrent file [http://bittornado.com/connection-checker.torrent ]
2) Run this .torrent file and click on the Prefs link.
3) Under the Port Range option enter the numbers you noted down while setting up the router! [Our example is 15000 and 15020] - Then uncheck the randomise checkbox
4) Click the advanced button. Then under the Local IP option put in the IP address you noted in the Status configuration of the router earlier.

Click ok, Click Save, then restart BitTorrent and run the connectionchecker.torrent again - If with my ISP i passed the NAT check but had an invisible proxy, "Best you can do"..

Now run off to whatever Torrent Index you use and download something to try it -

I hope ive helped somebody, this message took long enough to type :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:24 pm 
Would love to see an answer to phunnelcake, above, I have done exactly what he has (was just too lazy to provide screenshots ha) and like him, can't get software to see me as un-firewalled. Any ideas?????

Post subject: linsys firewall
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:58 am 
hope i can help somebody. been messing with this off and on over a week.
set up is cable modem, linksys befw11s4, xp sp2, followed all instructions
per adam with this exception: had to leave bitorrent ports at 6881-6889 and no ip in the advanced tab. xp firewall is disabled running a trend micro
package. my pc firewall ports are set to 6881-6889 i'm going to change them to the ports adam suggested. i'm so glad to get rid of that yellow
light. my speeds only 70kb with 33 peers 7 seeds sure would like to find that 100 or greater, anyone got any ideas?? thanks adam and all who posted! good luck 94dawg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:36 pm 
I know a lot of this has been said, but some seem to be missing it.

Go get a copy of Bit Tornado. It's a lot like Bit Torrent but much more advanced. Still small, non-java based and uses few system resources.

Main reason being, it allows you to define a port range besides the default 6881-6889, which every hacker and their dog knows about. Granted a good hacker will scan your ports until they find an open string but why make it easy for them? Pick a range of 20 or so ports way up in the 50,000 range.

Just remember that your router/firewall must allow forwarding of whatever ports you choose. You can them disable the default 6881-6889.

For those of you still having problems after doing everything suggested here, find out what ports your client is using. You may have forwarded 6881-6889 when you client defaulted to something else.

As to finding a >100 kB/Sec or greater connect, go find a torrent that has a ton of seeders and very few peers. I bet you hit it no problem.

To those that say they are having no problems without being connectable, you are partly right. You are able to connect to those that have done this but they are still unable to connect to you. Thus by doing the same, and getting that green light, your throughput will go up substantially.

BTW, has anyone tried using ZoneAlarm Pro 5.5.062? Debating on whether or not to tempt fate again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:43 pm 
EX4R wrote:

Just remember that your router/firewall must allow forwarding of whatever ports you choose. You can them disable the default 6881-6889.

For those of you still having problems after doing everything suggested here, find out what ports your client is using. You may have forwarded 6881-6889 when you client defaulted to something else.

how do you find out what ports your client is using?
ive followed all these steps with no luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:59 pm 
I still can't seem to get it to work. It used to work before and now nothing I do is helping.

Tried a different client and it does nothing.

I want to be able to use Protowall in conjunction with my bittorrent client. Any ideas?

Currently i'm using BitTornado 0.3.9a and Azureus to try and target the problem and nothing has worked =*(

Post subject: WOW!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:05 pm 
HOLYC*!P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been so long since I saw any other colors in my client that I thought Yellow was the norm. All I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!! :D I followed the Sticky Note (Although I'm useing the ABC client) and everything is green. I went from 0.5 to 35 kbs on DSL Lite with only 3 to 4 seeds per torrent and I'm sure that I'll find faster torrents later. Again, Thank You. And to everyone else out there... Good Luck , I hope you can find the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:35 am 
Anonymous wrote:
would the DMZ help?

NEVER EVER USE A DMZ, the DMZ is a reserved option for putting a machine into the public spotlight, not protected by anything or any protection your router was giving you is removed, IT IS A LAST RESORT DEAL, remeber that and it applies to ALL routers or network devices.

If you cannot get a decent connection, you next step is to add in broadcast settings that listen to incoming requests and ASK on the lan for ALL IP's on that PORT, ALL machines running services on that port will respond, the Router will be slower but you atleas dont have to put your machine at risk by putting it in the line of fire.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next