the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:29 pm 
I tried doing all the router port forwarding and making a static ip. Nothing worked, so I put the router aside and just connected my modem directly to the pc. Shadow still does the same exact thing, yellow light with below average speeds. Btw this is a westell modem if that helps.
So I find out that I can disable the built in firewall and nat in the modem. I have to do an ip passthrough. When I go to do it, I have 3 options to choose from.
1) user configured pc
2)192.168.1.96
3)number 2(my computer's name)

Tech support told me to use the ip address to do the pass through, I did that, but it didn't fix shadow.
Is there something else I need to do after I do the pass through? Should I setup the static ip?
I tried doing this pass through a few times with the other options, and I noticed the ip address given in there changes randomly. I have no idea what that number is reffering too. My ip is 192.168.2.101

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]