the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:26 pm 
Hi-

I have a Linksys BEFSR41 Router and a Motorola SB4100 cable modem using Optonline in NY.

I set port forwarding for a range of 6881-6999.

GRC says I am stealthed and I still get a yellow light...

I am also running Zone Alarm but under the options for BT, I have "allow access to all ports" selected.

What else can I try??

Thanks,

wzrd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:43 am 

try turning zone alarm off ...
see whether its thats thats causing the problem, then change the settings if it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:39 am 
Hi-

Tried disabling ZA and still yellow lights...

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:56 pm 
I've got the same problem, except I'm running Trend Micro Internet Security, not ZoneAlarm. Watching people get 20+kb on upload while I'm stuck at 5kd on download is really getting on my nerves. My connection speed can tested at 1117kbs and eMule runs just fine (HiID and sometimes 20+kbs). I've tried running my BT alone, and that doesn't help. What gives?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:10 pm 

I just ran a program called Active Ports and it is telling me that btdownloadgui is connecting on local ports between 1100 and 1500... Most are in the 1200 range. I see all the connections and all the remote ports are 6881-6890 (mostly 6881).

The settings for the Bit Tornado 0.0.01 I'm using tell it to use 6881-6999. What would be making it use those ports and what can I do to force it to use the right ports?

Thanks,

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:08 pm 

the use of the the other ports is normal bittorrent only listens on the ports you tell it to..
if you aaaaare getting stealthed port reports you probably have failed to poke a hole in your NAT or firewall properly
try this link to see if it works
http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:36 pm 

It fails...

For what it's worth, the IP address of the machine I am downloading to is 192.168.1.103 but Natcheck tells me the IP address is the 24.xxx.xx given to me by Optonline. And the port forwarding is to 192.168.1.103

The Linksys goes to a Linksys 8 port switch and then to 4 different computers in the house. Only the xxx.103 machine is using the BT software.

Also, while tweaking the settings and still with the yellow light/stealth showing, I am now getting much faster speeds. I actually had a download rate of 100kB/s for a while... And now it is hovering at around 50-60kB/s on one download and around 20-30 kB/s on the other.

So, that is some more information...

Thanks,

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:00 pm 
So what settings did you tweak?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:24 am 
evil_misake wrote:
the use of the the other ports is normal bittorrent only listens on the ports you tell it to..
if you aaaaare getting stealthed port reports you probably have failed to poke a hole in your NAT or firewall properly
try this link to see if it works
http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl

i Pass!

but im still yellow and my download speed is 2kB/s :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:44 am 
There is only ONE solutio for firewall especially if zone alarm follow this step:

1) Go to Firewall section and advancated
2) Turn off al the settings there (unselect)
3) Go to Program Control section and select option on bit torrent
4) Go to expert rules and create a new rule with this setting
Source any, Destination any, select modify on protocol and set TCP then write in the two space 6881, time any.
Check if the rule is active and set to allowed.

Apply the modify and enjoy!

Remember: If you don't turn of the firewall selection in advancated the light still Yellow and the speed don't go over 10K. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:16 am 
Quote:
There is only ONE solutio for firewall especially if zone alarm follow this step:

1) Go to Firewall section and advancated
2) Turn off al the settings there (unselect)
3) Go to Program Control section and select option on bit torrent
4) Go to expert rules and create a new rule with this setting
Source any, Destination any, select modify on protocol and set TCP then write in the two space 6881, time any.
Check if the rule is active and set to allowed.

Apply the modify and enjoy!

Remember: If you don't turn of the firewall selection in advancated the light still Yellow and the speed don't go over 10K.

What is this "advancated" in the Firewall section you mentioned about? do you mean only to turn off the firewall and that's it?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]