the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:21 pm 
I've set my router to forward ports 6881-6999, TCP and to the IP listed when I run ipconfig/all in cmd. My firewall has 6881-6999 forwarded and should be allowing in/out traffic and TPC/UDP. My XP firewall is turned off. I went to all-nettools.com, and it said there was no proxy detected (transparent web proxy put up by ISP). Yet still my status light is yellow, all my sorces are local, and I'm downloading at 4-7kb/s whule my upload rate is 30+kb/s. What's going on? Please help me, or point me to where the question has already been answered.

Post subject: I'm in the same boat
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:44 pm 
Please help! This used to work really well. I have no idea what's changed. I haven't changed any of my firewall settings, but now I can't get past the yellow light.

Please help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:40 pm 
i get same problem. i did everything -- i'm at yellow. i go to prefs and select 'force green if firewalled', and it goes green. WTF!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:46 pm 

The "force green" option is for people who know they're firewalled and have no hope of fixing the problem, for instance, if their job or school has them firewalled and they cannot have ports forwarded. Your using the option is like you putting your hands over your ears and yelling "I CAN'T HEAR YOU! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

The yellow light is telling you that you have a problem. What's causing the problem is beyond my ability to diagnose. You can fix it, or you can ignore it; but you won't get great results unless you repair the problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]