the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:56 pm 

I have recently installed a Netgear DG834G Wireless Router with integrated Firewall and am having problems configuring it to use the BitTorrent Client.
My DSL provider has provided me with an External Static IP address, i have visited the www.portforward.com site (which is excellent by the way) and found details on setting up my router but when i try to connect to a Torrent i get a Black light.
I think my problem is something to do with my external static ip address being different than my PC's static IP address.
Has anyone had any problems like this before.
Your help would be much apprpeciated.

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:14 pm 

The problem that you describe really has nothing to do with your external ip address. You might have forwarded the ports to the wrong internal ip address. That could cause what you are seeing. If you haven't seen the following page before, take a look at it.
http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

This will tell you how to make sure you have a static ip address. Then go back through the port forwarding section for your router to forward these ports to your new static ip address. You can use the portforward comments page if you have any questions or comments. I'll try to stop by this forum in the next couple days if you just want to post here.

-dclark
portforward.com

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:50 pm 

Thanks dclark
I had 99% of the configuration right but i had my router port forwarding setup to the IP address of the router instead of my PC.
I now have a green light in BitTorrent and am a happy chap :D
Thanks again for your pointer.
:D :D :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]