the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:38 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
open btorrent
press advanced button while downloading a file
look at the bottom for "Listening to port ****"

set your port to that **** number

done.

Hi
When you say set your port to that number do you mean to set the port in the firewall to **** or in Bit Torrent?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:25 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
open btorrent
press advanced button while downloading a file
look at the bottom for "Listening to port ****"

set your port to that **** number

done.

Hi
When you say set your port to that number do you mean to set the port in the firewall to **** or in Bit Torrent?

How to set the port thing??? can teach me in steps??? i a computer idiot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:51 pm 
Hello...I get good up (as high as 100 and more) and down (30-40 or more) speeds yet my Bit Tornado light is always yellow and the natcheck fails. Not concerned but just wondering what is happening?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:47 pm 
hmm i use azureus and i didn't have to configure any ports, i get green lights
i'm behind a router too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:08 am 
thats because azureus has UPNP (automatic port forwarding) ---> bitcomet and bittornado also have this feature inbuilt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:58 pm 
So, then why the hell can't I get green lights... Ever?

I have uPnP enabled on my router, and when I open bittornado and see what port it's using in the advanced menu, and I go into my router's settings, under uPnP port forwarding, that port is opened for my ip on my LAN, and it even says what program is using it. And even when I opened all the port ranges I could use manually in the regular port forwarding section, I still never get a green light. I turned off windows firewall and have no other firewall running. Actually my router's firewall is disabled as well, but I still used the port forwarding stuff just in case.

Also, the IP address that's reported to me at http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl is the correct IP address that my router is telling me is my WAN IP address. So it doesn't look to me like I've got a transparent proxy thanks to my ISP. What the fuck gives? There's absolutely NOTHING that should be hampering people's ability to connect to my pc via bittorrent, yet nobody can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:26 am 
same here, I hate when there is seemingly nothing wrong and yet it still stays bloody yellow :(

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3