the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: gsfgs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:41 pm 
sdfsdfsdf


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:20 am 
it showed for me that i passed but im still not downloading at all. this was on the port 6681. when i changed the port on the natcheck and on bittornado to another number like 9000 it passes too.

but im still not getting any downloads, when i do its cuz im connected to one person and im getting like 1kb and only at that of various durations.

im on a college ethernet. and ive disabled my blackice and still nada. i enabled the winxp firewall for port fowarding and still nothing.

i talked to a guy today and he said when he first arrived to the skool last week, he was able to download some tv episodes with bt. i thought perhaps his ethernet jack/setup wasn't be port blocked, but now it seems he can't download either.

then in that case, my college mustve blocked the ports after. but i think that sounds kinda weird cuz im sure they woulda have known of bt for quite a while.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:24 am 
oh i also wanna add that at the first time i was doing the natcheck. i checked my file and even thought it still wasn't downloading it was uploading at 20 kb/s (if i could get as much as this speed instead of the measly 1kb/s i have now i would be so happy).

its not uploading at anything over 1 kb/s now but it did send over 6 mb before it stopped. so im wondering if the possibility of me being able to upload that fast it must mean i do have some glimmer in trying to download at that speed right?

it seems my ip is dynamic.

i don't know if the ip that the natcheck found is my right ip though, but i do think it is right.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:36 am 
sorry one last time,

i don't have the problems of many other ppl on other colleges where their icon stays yellow. mine actually does turn green. except despite a torrent having like a massive amount of seeders, i can't download for the life of me.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:53 pm 
Let's see if I get this right.

I'm in a college network and apparently the server use firewall and blocks some ports, as is the common. Logically, they won't block all ports as doing so will close all internet communication. Now, when we connect to the tracker, we tell the tracker the port we are using, right? Hence, all clients trying to connect to use will know which port to use, so even if the ISP blocks port 6881 as it being BT's original port, if we use a different port, say 50000, they won't recognize it as BT. I chose that number because it's part of the the dynamic and/or private ports, hoping that they won't block that range. Am I right about this?

Okay, to cut things short, I have set my external IP to the client and I can connect to few peers, does this mean that somehow, I have bypassed the ISP issue? Does this also mean that I have bypassed the firewall issue, whether it's on my part or my peers' part?

Next is the problem. Download rate is mostly 0 kbps although on very rare occassion I can download up to 20 MB. Upload stays at 0 kbps more often than that, but recently I've uploaded twice as much as I downloaded. Why is the upload like that? Mostly 0 but now twice. And since I can connect to some peers, why does it stays at 0?


About natcheck
I have tried using it and the response is negative, is it part of the ISP issue? If people can initiate a chat with me, it should means that people can get to me using those ports, shouldn't it?
Lastly, I have used two different programs to find my external IP and they both reported the same IP but this IP is different to the one shown by natcheck, what's the problem?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:35 am
Posts: 418
Anonymous wrote:
Let's see if I get this right.

I'm in a college network and apparently the server use firewall and blocks some ports, as is the common. Logically, they won't block all ports as doing so will close all internet communication.


You may be confusing incoming and outgoing ports. For outgoing ports, yea, they can't block all outgoing ports or it would prevent all internet communication outwards, but they surely can restrict them to a small set of ports if they wanted to such as outgoing web, ftp, and email only. For incoming ports, they definitely can block all incoming ports and not affect normal web browsing at all.

Anonymous wrote:
Now, when we connect to the tracker, we tell the tracker the port we are using, right? Hence, all clients trying to connect to use will know which port to use, so even if the ISP blocks port 6881 as it being BT's original port, if we use a different port, say 50000, they won't recognize it as BT. I chose that number because it's part of the the dynamic and/or private ports, hoping that they won't block that range. Am I right about this?


You are right only if the ISP uses port numbers to determine if you are using BitTorrent. If they go further and inspect higher level handshaking information, they can stop BitTorrent on *any* port, no matter what port you serve it on.

Anonymous wrote:
Okay, to cut things short, I have set my external IP to the client and I can connect to few peers, does this mean that somehow, I have bypassed the ISP issue? Does this also mean that I have bypassed the firewall issue, whether it's on my part or my peers' part?


It doesn't mean you bypassed any issue at all. All it simply means was that you made outgoing TCP connections to other peers accepting incoming TCP connections and the handshake was successful. You could very well get 0k/s out of them after the connection was made due to an ISP sniffing out protocol headers and throttling you down.

Anonymous wrote:
Next is the problem. Download rate is mostly 0 kbps although on very rare occassion I can download up to 20 MB. Upload stays at 0 kbps more often than that, but recently I've uploaded twice as much as I downloaded. Why is the upload like that? Mostly 0 but now twice. And since I can connect to some peers, why does it stays at 0?


Most likely throttling done by your ISP.

Anonymous wrote:
About natcheck
I have tried using it and the response is negative, is it part of the ISP issue? If people can initiate a chat with me, it should means that people can get to me using those ports, shouldn't it?


You didn't mention whether you actually got incoming connections or if the connections you had were only outgoing. Natcheck's negative response could be due to you only able to make outgoing connections and being unable to receive incoming connections.

Anonymous wrote:
Lastly, I have used two different programs to find my external IP and they both reported the same IP but this IP is different to the one shown by natcheck, what's the problem?


Does www.whatismyip.com match what those programs say?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:19 pm 
i also get my light to switch from yellow to green after running the test. i pass on port 6881 (the first port opened, [6881-6999]) when i try 6882, i fail. bottom line is that my speeds remain much slower than they should. i disconnect my router and still have the same slow speeds. i have disconnected my windows xp firewall. am i missing part of the equation?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:36 am 
I BET U LOVE SHITEATING!!! HAHAHA NIGGER!!!

OWNED!!!!!!!

JESUS WILL CURSE U!!! SO FUCK OFF NIGGER!!!!

AZUREUS OWNS BITTORNADO!!!

edited - X_X


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:27 am 
Thats not a good test because it has one major fundamental flaw, it does not resolve my IP address correctly.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:11 am 
i am uploading very well but downloading very slowly...i dont usually have this problem but recently i changed my cable modem and the downloading speed just crashed.....i checked my IP using this (http://www.whatismyip.com/) and the IP showed was my previous IP ( before i changed my cable modem).... can somebody tell me what i should do to fix this problem...........thank you

i am using bit tornado T-0.2.0


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:50 pm 
open btorrent
press advanced button while downloading a file
look at the bottom for "Listening to port ****"

set your port to that **** number

done.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:51 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
i also get my light to switch from yellow to green after running the test. i pass on port 6881 (the first port opened, [6881-6999]) when i try 6882, i fail. bottom line is that my speeds remain much slower than they should. i disconnect my router and still have the same slow speeds. i have disconnected my windows xp firewall. am i missing part of the equation?



open btorrent
press advanced button while downloading a file
look at the bottom for "Listening to port ****"

set your port to that **** number

done.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:54 am 
thnx for the site, really helps and turn my damn yellow light to green


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:41 am
Posts: 1
Real sorry guys, I was the one posting on Nov 12 and apparently after posting that one I had some issues and never use BitTorrent anymore and had forgotten all about this one (it's a miracle I can find that post again....). I had almost forgotten all issues regarding BitTorrent and am now relearning everything.
:oops:

So yeah, thanks for all the answers and regarding the IP address, I have 2 kind of responses:
1. From btfaq.com/natcheck.pl and www.whatsmyip.com
2. From FollowMeIPLite and IRC

Which one should I use, then?
I personally deduced that it's the one on IRC, because:
My friend has told me about ports to use to share on IRC so that the ppl from outside can connect, and although it work for his IRC, it's not working on my BT (haven't tried sharing on IRC, though). Since he can share with IRC, the address found by IRC should be the correct one.
Additionally, people from outside my LAN can play Warcraft III with us using Lancraft and entering the same IP found by IRC.

What about the other IP then?

Finally, in conclusion I say that incoming connection are possible here, which should be good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:07 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
i also get my light to switch from yellow to green after running the test. i pass on port 6881 (the first port opened, [6881-6999]) when i try 6882, i fail. bottom line is that my speeds remain much slower than they should. i disconnect my router and still have the same slow speeds. i have disconnected my windows xp firewall. am i missing part of the equation?



open btorrent
press advanced button while downloading a file
look at the bottom for "Listening to port ****"

set your port to that **** number

done.


After hours of reading, this worked for me. Thanks. :)


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group