the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:01 pm 
Want to know if your port are really open?

Go here : http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl

I don't promise miracles... but my yellow light turned green just after running the test. Probably has nothing to do with it, but who knows... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:17 pm 

Sticky it is.

BTW, if running the test gives your client a green light, it probably means that the particular torrent you're on is being run on a script tracker on port 80 and that your ISP is using a transparent web proxy. The solution is to get whomever is running the tracker to update their software to be able to sniff the actual IP through the proxy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:54 am 

The IP stated on the web, had the wrong ip of mine... it seems to be the ip of my isp transparent proxy..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:08 pm 

:?:

Is there a workaround for a transparent upstream proxy??

Thanks Juice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:38 am 

The source IP through some transparent proxies can be sniffed, but this requires work on the tracker side. Any other fix may allow the source to be spoofed, at the least forcing the tracker to connect to someone else and at worst allowing a torrent to act as a DDoS engine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:20 pm 

Thanks. So I take it that the tracker will always see my ISP's "masking" address instead of my actual address, and unless I can get them to turn this off I am SOL?

Cheers Juice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:29 pm 

Or unless you can get the people running the tracker to switch to one with sniffing capabilities -- and your ISP's transparent proxy is giving out the information to sniff.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:30 am 

I spoke to my ISP and they basically said "it's only for port 80 so it won't affect BT"

But doesn't BT use http to connect to the tracker host and "register" my existance as a peer/seed?

Thanks again

Juice

Post subject: Fixed
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 6:56 am 

I also opened up port 6969 and now it works! 8)

Cheers Juice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 3:42 pm 
How do I open ports? All I have running is the XP firewall and even when that is unchecked the light stays yellow. What can I do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:27 am 
http://gruven42.webhop.org/xpfwbt/xp_firewall_bt.htm

Try that to forward the ports. (Even though that's what I tried and it didn't work...) It may work for you, though.

Post subject: Which port is it
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:51 pm 
I have a linksys router g and seem to be having some problems. I have port forwarding on for 6881-6999 and no software firewalls and the IP is static. I am trying to use natcheck to test it out because i am still getting slow dl rates. I will put in the hash id and use port 6881 and it passes, but if i put in the port listed under details it fails
(ex. madeuptorrent.com:6970) so i use port 6970. Please tell me if i am a moron or if you have any ideas. There is the possibility that it could be my shitty ISP because i was getting DL rates of 40kb earlier today, but it would go at that rate for 1/2 hour and then die. I would restart and then it would be fine for a little while longer. right now i am looking at a green lite with 22 peers and 7 seeds and 0 DL and 0 UL. Help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:07 am 
The tracker port is not a listening port, so you don't need to forward it. The listening port bittornado currently uses is shown under advanced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:07 pm 
I am behind a transparent proxy and was having the same problems everyone here has had but after changing two things i now get remote connections green lights and easily download at 50-100 for most torrents.

in azureus view/confgiuration/server/override ip address sent to tracker , i entered my actual IP and not the transparent proxy. Also in IE/tools/internet options/connections/lan settings i checked the box saying proxy server typed in my current transparent proxy(*) but in the port number entered 8080. From then on i havent had a single problem

(*)http://www.broadband-help.com/cm_diagnose.asp?init=1

Post subject: it worked... sorta
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:20 pm 
i used the script to test my ports.. and it said i failed. im on a dsl connection with no router, and no hardware or software firewall installed. in internet explorer's connections settings, i ensured that under 'LAN Settings' the checkbox was empty for 'Use a proxy server..'. what i didnt realize is that when i chose the 'Settings' button for my DSL connection, the proxy was still enabled.
for anyone who may be experiencing a problem from enabling/disabling proxies, remember to ensure the 'Use a proxy server...' checkbox in both your ISP 'Settings' and 'LAN Settings' of internet explorers option's connections tab are unchecked!
:D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next