the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:21 am 
I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless router, and a cable connection, i have followed the directions on the forum to enable port triggering, and i have a Static IP adress set, and the max dowload speed i am getting is 4kB/s :( I do not know what else to try, anyone, help? (=^_^=)

Post subject: SAME PROBLEM
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:14 pm 
Having trouble with getting high speeds...
I have triggered/fwd'ed like said for the Linksys router...
Am now getting a green light... Using Cable internet, but the connection is STILL going slow...
and it says 0kbps for upload...

PLEASE help...email me here at nyyank2004@hotmail.com
THANKS 5million!
jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:32 pm 
Well, I'd need more information to find out what's wrong. What version of the router firmware are you using? How many seeds and peers are on the torrents you're trying to download? What rate do you get for a non-BT download? What's your highest upload rate when using BT?

Also, you could try disabling UPnP. I outlined how to do it in the thread about the Linksys BEFSR41 routers.

If that doesn't work and everything else seems normal, then it might be a problem with your cable provider. ISP's tend to cap or block certain ports, or there may be too many people using cable modems in your area (which drags down individual bandwidth).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]