the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: bit torrent with WinGate
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:41 am 
i read a lot of solutions on opening ports to help with the yellow light problem but i dont think any of them applies to our setup.

am connected through a LAN that uses WinGate 4.3 as its firewall but i setup the WinGate Internet Client that makes me directly connected to the internet,

i use the bittornado and shadow exp but i stil get the yellow lyt.. is there anyway to get though this?

if there's ne1 out there with wingate knowledge or ne info that myt help.. pls do tell...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:53 am 
Yep. shut down your Wingate and use your "server" as a downloadclient.

Post subject: A sorta fix
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:21 pm 
I found a solution using wingate for inet connection sharing.

I have Wingate 4.5 running on my server (2 nics 1 to inet - 1 to lan), and 4 systems on the house lan that use the WG Inet Client. I tried a host of setting changes trying to get the WG gatekeeper firewall to allow BitTornado to run correctly. I don't think its possible.

However, I now get a green light when I run it on my server. ( but only on my server, never been able to get the clients to work )

1st I turned off the gatekeeper firewall. To turn it off double click the extended networking** WG service. On the general tab under firewall select disable WG firewall.

2nd Since its not a smart move to be fully exposed to the inet without a firewall, I installed Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.5.
Adding the following 4 rules to the firewall to allow the wingate to fully work with this firewall and still remain fairly secure. ( this should work with zone alarm also )

protcol | local | remote | application

tcp - out | any port | any address | c:\path to\wingate.exe
tcp - in | any port | lan subnet* | c:\path to\wingate.exe
udp - both | any port | lan subnet* | c:\path to\wingate.exe
udp/tcp - both | any port | 127.0.0.1 | c:\path to\gatekeeper.exe

*lan subnet is servers lan ip with a 255.255.255.0 subnet mask
ie (10.0.0.1/255.255.255.0) or (192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0)

**If you don't know where the extended networking service is at. Under the view menu (up top) click control panel, make sure the system tab is selected (bottom left of gatekeeper screen ). now you should be able to see it in the WG system service list.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]