the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:29 pm 
I tried everything to get un firewalled, settings the works. Turns out all I had to do was change my UPnP from Type1 over to Type2 and bam, back up and cruising.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:08 pm 
:lol: ey i fixed my yellow light problem! ATTENTION!! this may seem funny but installing service pack 2 fixed my problem. i dont download at full speed at the moment but the yellow light is gone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:55 pm 
frustrated guy BT wrote:
i also have the same probelm as eveyone else here.... i opened ports in the firewall section in my router, and triggered ports 6881-6889. before i use to get 30-40 kbps but now i only get 5! :x whenever i turn on bittornado i have a yellow light. my modem is speedstream. plz helpp

ISPs are apparently throttling down ports 6881-6999, in order to limit the amount of bandwidth we're using. See The Shadow's thread in the Major Problems category: http://forums.degreez.net/viewtopic.php?t=1531

The solution for me was to set a different range of ports (say 60000-60020) in both BTdo and my router (D-Link DI-624), and to use only what D-Link calls a "special application" setting for port forwarding (described in the thread about my router under "Fixing Firewalls").

Post subject: THANK YOU
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:52 pm 
thank you so much for posting the pics of the router, that helped alot and how the bloody yellow light isnt there anymore. kudos

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:54 pm 
thank you for the pics of the router helped immenseley

Post subject: WTF
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:16 pm 
I have patched a hole through my d link 624 router and it has been working fine until one day it doesn't want to work any more. I went to the firewall settings page and noticed that the patch was gone and so I made another on and if i clicked off of firewall and then back on it would also disappear. I have the latest firmware and driver for my wireless card. Also if i restart the router from the web page it will show all the patches but bit torrent will not work. Thanks.

Post subject: Green not enough
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:16 am 

Hello all,

I also have been struggling with getting a green status light while being behind my D-Link DI-624. Then I read a post by Bladeless and one other and the light bulb went on in my empty head!

Make sure to change the default port range in BitTornado to match the ports you open up in your router. Do not leave it at 10000 – 60000! You only need one port for each concurrent download. So if you only plan on doing 1 download at a time, only open one port. So set the port range in BitTornado to 10001 – 10001. If you plan on doing two downloads at a time set the port range to 10001 – 10002, etc.

Once this is done make sure you go open the exact same ports in your router. Forget about all this default port range (6881–6999) stuff. It doesn’t matter. Actually, you’re better off avoiding it as some ISP’s are starting to restrict those ports. Just pick some ports in the default range of BitTornado, between 10000–60000. There is no point in opening up 50000 ports!!! Remember to open the same ones up in your router as well. No more than a few.

Now that’s the newbie (that’s me) basics to get a green light but that is not enough and that is where I am stuck.

I have been operating under the assumption that if I could get the status light green, while behind my D-Link DI-624, then I would achieve the same download rate as being plugged directly into my Motorola SB5100 SURFboard Cable Modem – approximately 260 KBs (I have hit 400 KBs) and uploads of approx 90 KBs. This has proven false.

Even though my status light in now green I am only downloading & uploading at approx. 80 KBs. I have quickly reconnected directly back into my cable modem and, yes, I got approx 260 KBs download again with spikes well above that. Why?

I am using XP Pro SP2 with all firewall services disabled. The only background application is Norton Anti-Virus. Any miracles out there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:05 pm 
all of you are saying "go to tools" etc., where is this? i tried clicking that IP adress but it doesnt work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:26 am 
What ip address you use to access your router depends on what model you own. Hence, it is not always 192.168.0.1. Check your router manual, and it will tell you in there.

Post subject: Whew!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:47 pm 
Thanks a lot for the guide, man. I can once again enjoy Bittornado!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:51 am 

Basically, UPnP port forwarding doen't work properly unless you upgrade the firmware to version 2.50.

After that, you don't need to touch your router.

Thats right! You don't need to open up any ports.
You get a Green light just by leaving UPnP port forwarding enabled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:23 pm 
I use ver. 2.50 of the firmware and 0.3.9 bitornado and it does work as the poster above me says. Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:24 pm 
ntl set top box
direct cable gave me 80kps dl :D
since using wireless router, all ican get is 10kps dl :(

green lights, ports forwarded and firewall configured :?

please, anybody, shine some light

Post subject: Re: D-Link DI-624 Router
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:49 pm 
Guest wrote:
:idea: I have a D-Link DI624 which I have finally figured out how to open the ports on. So I figured I'd share my info with the world:

1) Open the user interface (usually http://192.168.0.1 )
2) Click on the Advanced Tab
3) Click on the Firewall button in the left hand column
4) Now we are going to make a new Firewall Rule:
a) click on the Enable button which will put a dot in the circle
b) In the Name box type Bit Torrent so you know later what this is for
c) For Action click on Allow
d) Source - Interface = WAN and IP Range = *
e) Destination - Interface = LAN; IP Range = either * or your local IP Address (192.168.0.xxx); Protocol = *; and Port Range = 6881-6999
f) Schedule = Always
5) Click Apply[/b]

That should do it. Now before I did this the highest download I could get was 80KBps and my light seldom went green. Now I get as much as 240 KBps and my lights go green shortly after starting my torrents. :wink:

Is it safe to do this? Will my computer get infected with a virus or spyware?

Post subject: TY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:14 pm 
My man you are a legend, exactly what I was looking for, Im using an old DI-514 and the instructions abova work perfectly.

Cheers :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next