the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:02 am 
the error i get is Couldn?t listen ? unable to forward ports via Upnp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:57 am 
If you configured a working port forwarding in your router, you can disable UPnP in bittornado prefs.

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:03 am 
hi, i have solution, i think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:44 pm 

Hey i have a YELLOW light and DI-604 and i have done all that i can. i have no idea what im doing.

I have forwarded my ports and set my firewall rules to the pictures on page 1.
my ip: differs from my WAN i think, whn i go to the WAN tab my primary dns and secondary dns are bot 0.0.0.0
but when i check my ip using START==> RUN==> cmd, then i put in ipconfig. my ip adress shows as 192.168.0.102 then when i go to
www.whatismyip.com it says 24.224.163.164. my cable modem is a motorolla SB5100 SURFboard. i am also behind a norton antivirus 2002 and norton internet security.
my setup looks like this Modem==> DI-604==> d-link DE-805tp hub i think==> CPU. i am a complete newbie to all of this router ports and firewall settings and ip adresses so any help is welcome!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:03 pm 
This DI 624 is a piece of junk. I have followed all directions and am still firewalled. I have no sofgtware firewall. What else could be keeping me firewalled?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:01 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
This DI 624 is a piece of junk. I have followed all directions and am still firewalled. I have no sofgtware firewall. What else could be keeping me firewalled?

A. Your ISP.

B. Spyware could have set your IE's proxy settings to something that causes trackers to think you are using another IP address.

C. Being behind yet another router such as Vonage's VoIP adapter.

D. Your cable/dsl modem itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:22 pm 
bytetorrent wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

A. Your ISP.

B. Spyware could have set your IE's proxy settings to something that causes trackers to think you are using another IP address.

C. Being behind yet another router such as Vonage's VoIP adapter.

D. Your cable/dsl modem itself.

my isp is bellsouth dsl, i use spybot, ad-aware and norton antivirus, How could I tell if my IE proxy is messed up? My dsl modem is westell. I tried the DMZ setting on the router and that still didnt help. Can this problem be corrected?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:51 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
my isp is bellsouth dsl, i use spybot, ad-aware and norton antivirus, How could I tell if my IE proxy is messed up?

Look in your IE proxy settings and see if there is a proxy set and if it is set to use it and try telling it not to.

Anonymous wrote:
My dsl modem is westell. I tried the DMZ setting on the router and that still didnt help. Can this problem be corrected?

At a quick glance at westell's site, some "westell" dsl modems are also NAT routers themself which could mean that even if you open ports on your D-link router, the dsl modem itself could be blocking incoming connections. So which model do you have?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:09 pm 
After reading the same things over and over on different message boards on how to get this router to work, I think I have it. I've done everything stated in the first few posts of this thread, but what really put me into the green was the following:

1. Set up a static IP address on the maching you wish to run BT on.
-For XP: Control Panel->Right click "Network Connection"->Right click ""Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)" and choose an IP address(ex. 192.168.0.50)

2. Log onto your Dlink624: 192.168.0.1

3. Go to "Advanced"

4. Select "Virtual Server"

5. Enter fields:

-Select "Enabled".
-Next, choose a name(ex. "BT").
-Enter your private/static IP(ex. 192.168.0.50).
-Protocol type: "Both".
-Public AND Private port must be the same number. I chose 60000.
-Schedule "Enabled".

6. Repeat the above process with the same info, but incrementing the port number by on. So you should have 5 entries all the same, but from 60000 to 60005. Strangely, I was only able to set up 5 after reaching some limit within the router. I don't see me having more than 5 torrent going at the same time anyway.

7. Now open up any torrent with BitTornado and click on "Prefs". In the upper right corner select a range of 60000 to 60005 and uncheck the "Randomize" box.

8. Close and restart all torrents. Now when you start a torrent, you should see it always listens on these ports. You can see this on the bottom of the "Advanced" link when you restart the torrent.

Also, I chose my "Upload rate" to be the "dialup/isdn". And just to be clear, in addition to the above steps, I have also added entries into the "Firewall" category and in the "Applications" category of the router as stated in the start of this thread. I'm not even sure if it's needed, but I did it anyway.

On a side note, I have a Surfboard 4200 that ALWAYS died when many connections were open...from which I had to power cycle it. Turns out there's a bug in the firmware that I have. I have to limit the amount of "Max Peer Connections" to 40 which can be changed from "Prefs"->"Advanced". I am running firmware version "SB4200-0.4.4.0-SCM01-NOSH" on my modem which has a known bug with many open connections. ISPs are responsible for upgrading the firmware, but my ISP sucks so I have to buy a new modem to get my full BT download speeds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:25 am 
bytetorrent wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
my isp is bellsouth dsl, i use spybot, ad-aware and norton antivirus, How could I tell if my IE proxy is messed up?

Look in your IE proxy settings and see if there is a proxy set and if it is set to use it and try telling it not to.

Anonymous wrote:
My dsl modem is westell. I tried the DMZ setting on the router and that still didnt help. Can this problem be corrected?

At a quick glance at westell's site, some "westell" dsl modems are also NAT routers themself which could mean that even if you open ports on your D-link router, the dsl modem itself could be blocking incoming connections. So which model do you have?

I checked Internet Optins.Connections. The proxy box is not checked. My Westell Modem is model is A90XXXX Rev H. Thanks for helping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:32 am 

Anonymous wrote:
I checked Internet Optins.Connections. The proxy box is not checked. My Westell Modem is model is A90XXXX Rev H. Thanks for helping.

http://www.westell.com/pages/support/dr ... kcfkcfin.0
has a lot of A90's. So you'll have to pick which one is yours then look at the documentation on if it has NAT routing built-in and how to open ports behind it.

Post subject: question
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:26 pm 
I have read a few posts about this Yellow Light business.
It's weird. i have the yellow light, always.
I have a DI 604. XP firewall is down.
My download rate is never more that 10KB/s (which isn't so bad).
but my upload rate is always greater than my download rate.
Shouldn't a high upload rate, and a rating of at least 2 for every torrent i ever dled, improve my download rate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:30 pm 
Sry i can't edit my posts.
Also i just noticed that the DI 604 automatically allows BT to free access through the firewall.
How do i get the mystical green light?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:03 pm 
when you have all those settings set up on a DI 604.
and the light stays yellow, how do you get it to become green?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:03 pm 
i also have the same probelm as eveyone else here.... i opened ports in the firewall section in my router, and triggered ports 6881-6889. before i use to get 30-40 kbps but now i only get 5! :x whenever i turn on bittornado i have a yellow light. my modem is speedstream. plz helpp

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next