the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Satellite internet help
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:11 am 
Hi, im currently deployed overseas in iraq. We have a satellite internet connection here through segovia. i'm using bitornado on my persona laptop in my office and i cant get it to connect at anything better than 5kbps, and thats only in spurts. ay help you can give me would be appreciated by me and all my soldiers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:08 am 

Unfortunately, most satellite ISPs only offer NAT access, which means you're stuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:29 am 
yea, im also on a satellite internet connection and im in Libya. its a 512k broadband connection. I also have the same problem. the most i ever got was 13kbs, then it would drop to 5-6 kb/s and i have a yellow light. what i think is that my the isp is just firewalling the main hub the im connected to over at their company. so i'm going to see if i can call them and ask them to forward for me some ports or something.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]