the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:47 am 

For 6 days now i have been trying out different app's such as BITCOMET, BITLORD, TORRENT STORM, ARES, WARES, BT3.4.2. & all of them are giving me d'load speeds of 2 - 20KB/s estimating about 100 - 500 hours. Finnaly i want to settle on bit tornado but this is the same,- avg 10KB/s and gives me that yellow light, My system is 1meg broadband, BT voyager 205 ADSL router, and xp sp2 with windows firewall off and using the free sygate firewall. Do i need to make a static ip adress and do that port forwarding mallarkey if so please can someone tell me what to do and in what order. i am currentley doing a cisco "IT essentials" course and havent studied anything for a week as i have been trying to sort out all of this. help would be very! much appreciated thanx. :) Also my pc is on 24/7 so when i am sorted i want to leave it connected so others can d'load off me "is this what is known as seeding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:05 pm 
Exactly the same problem with the same hardware and same ISP for me, nothing has worked so far :(

Someone please help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:35 am 
Me too, same router same problems, can't find any info on it :( Please help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:34 pm 
Read as much as you can at Port Forward.com, namely the Start Here page and all the links it contains (don't worry, it's brief). If you want to use port forwarding you must have a static IP [I use MAC Address Control, but it's the same concept].

After that, check out their BitTornado Guide.

Once you've done all that, you should be getting green. But if you're not, and your settings are all correct, it could get even uglier... You should check out this thread to try and find out exactly what's going on. The torrent featured at the very beginning of the thread will generate an error message to tell you what's wrong -- you may have to give it a few seconds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:52 am 
I have a BT Voyager 205 ADSL router and my pc is the only one connected to it. JUST 1 PC! I'm running on WinXP SP1 with McAfee firewall plus. I'm on a 2mb connection Down and 288 Up. My uploads are always high, 25 kB/s and I get a download of just 11kB/s.

When I use bit tornado the light always stays yellow.
Used the special "connection checker" by TheSHADOW.
I get "NAT check failed. Check for firewalls or port forwarding."

What do I need to do to get the light green and or get my download
rate higher if not the same speed as upload.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]