the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: green light question
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:52 am 

ok I know theres probably loads of topics on this board that answers some of my question but i'm fairly a noob when it comes to routers, port forwarding etc. so if anyone can give me some help that would be great.
I have sucsessfully reached a green light using the voyager 205 router from bt, i have got the required ports open on the xp firewall,and I have a static ip, I have also used the connection checker with an "I can connect to you perfect score" so I thoutht everything would be ok, and dont get me wrong the green light is good to see but.... the speeds I used to get using the voyager 100 adsl modem via a usb port was much more constant and reliable, always between 80% and 100% of my bandwidth. but now using the 205 and ethernet my connection seems to be all over the place, one minute its 2kB the next 105kB. the torrents are all very well seeded in the hundreds.I dont think its me choaking my upload bandwidth either, as that too does not seem to be as fast as before aswell.Is this what I have to expect now or is there something else I can do?

thanks in advance

come on people !!! over 20 people have looked at my question but no help, surely I havent stumped you all have I?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]