the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:16 am 
hello,

ive set up my router correctly im sure. Im forwarding ports 6881 - 6999 to my internal IP address. Only TCP, not UDP, and it's enabled.

No software firewall is installed on my computer and XPs firewall is disabled.

I still get a yellow light.

I did the shields up test on GRC with a torrent running. Port 6881 is OPEN. The yellow light remains.

I mostly fdownload at around 10k. Max is generally aroud 50k (i have potential to get to 70). 50ks achieved very rarely.

All my peers and seeds are local - not asingle remote.

I only ever have abot 30 peers, never the 1000s that it is claimed are downloading.

Any one any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:54 pm 

What happens when you test using:
http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:16 pm 
i fail. I did another test using a link from a thread in here and it seems im using some sort of proxy. Didnt know i was. Its through my ISP and i imagine it's beyond my control so cant get past it.

Does this mean it's impossible to get a green light?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:29 am 
you can fix it by placing your real (external) ip into the bittorrent client's "local ip"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:44 am 

How would that do anything if the remote tracker isn't on the same LAN as you? I thought trackers only accept what the client claims is their remote IP only if they are on the same LAN as the client, by default.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:29 pm 
well i tried it and it didnt work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:28 pm 
what i have noticed is that when i open a second torrent that torrent becomes green and i get remote people.

The full port range is open so it makes so nsense to me why the first would be yellow but the second green

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:16 pm 
I have a similar problem, I also have a Linksys router and just recently (within 2 days) for some reason I only have the yellow light now. I tried the NatCheck website in this thread and passed, my router is all set up right along with my firewall and I still never get any remote clients. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:20 pm 
Just figured it out from a different thread, don't know if it will help. Make sure you have any proxies you may be useing turned off in your Internet Settings. Worked for me!

Post subject: Same problem
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:31 pm 
In the last 4 days my status light on my torrents has been yellow. I am using a linksys router and have not had any problems in the past getting a green light. I have also noticed a slow down in my download speeds. Nothing has changed on my system.

Windows XP
Shadows Experimental Tracker 5.8.11
I have the appropriate ports open on my router
Windows internal firewall is off

Has anyone gone into the advance features of XP?s firewall and opened the ports through there. Did it help?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]