the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:51 pm 
Right. Where to begin..! Im runnin XP on a Belkin Wireless router and (dont laugh) Tesco are my ISP. 512k ADSL.

Had major arse ache trying to get rid of the poxy yellow light and this forum has finally fixed it.

How I did it!:

Forwarded my ports in Virtual Server on the router and changed the range to outside of 6881-6889 as I think that the ISP are throttling(?) the dl's through those ports. I tried and tried to dl the connection app and by changing certain things along the way I worked out my best config.

For me it was NOT putting in my IP addy in Prefs/Adv. and leaving that field blank. I opened ports 7048-7050 on the router and then changed the ports to be used in BT prefs. as a test and tried again and bingo! Perfectomundo.

Dunno if it helps anyone but when my IP addy was in it was kicking me an "Ip override accepted.... best you can do" message until I removed my IP. Hopefully this will help someone else cos Im now a happy lil bunny.

Just a small piece of advice too. NOT A FLAME btw. It really helps if you try and look on the forums and see if someone has answered your question already in a prior post. Saves a lot of hassle and it actually feels good if you fix something without being walked through it!!!

Cheers for everything Shadow/PunAisher/DeHackEd etc..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]