the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:47 pm 
i think i am having transparent proxy problem. is there any way to disable this? i have been using bittorrent for quite long, but recently, i sent my computer for repairs. at first it was ok, then now i keep getting the yellow light and slow, almost 0 dl rate. i ran the 1st connection checker and it says that i have transparent proxy.

i don't think it's my router as i tried disabling it and the light still stays yellow. i disable the windowsxp firewall also. i tried the test at www.grc.com, in one of the threads, and all the port status are stealth. what does this mean?
i also tried the natcheck and this is the result:
Fail!
Unable to connect. This likely means you need to adjust your port forwarding configuration, or there is no client running on that port.

i went to www.broadband-help.com and it says that i have a Proxied HTTP.

i tried putting my WAN ip address under the local ip in the torrent but it doesn't work either. and i don't have any remote peers connecting to me. the only way i can get green light is to check the "force icon to display green when firewalled". but i have disabled the firewall already! how come it was ok a few days ago? is it possible for me to suddenly get a transparent proxy without knowing?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]