the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:49 am 
I have actiontec DSL router, I have been to "portforwarding.com" and followed the instructions for Bittorrnado, and still get slow downloads, I get speeds of 518 k/s with download speeds varying between 4 k/s to 20 k/s, once even got as high as 40 k/s. I have opened more ports in my windows firewall as disabling doesn't always work, I have experimented in swithching my Norton security firewall on and off and still nothing. Please Help!! :( I have run out of ideas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:48 pm 
You only need 1 software firewall -- and I suggest Norton over Win XP's.

So disable Win XP's entirely and rely on Norton's firewall.

Also, Norton's firewall is probably set to paranoid mode which blocks ALL incoming connections that you didn't ask for. What that means is you're firewalled in BitTornado and it's not BitTornado's fault.

You'll have to read a bit about the finer internal settings of Norton's firewall to get your connection unfirewalled.

Also, your actiontec DSL router's own internal firewall may still be enabled even though you did port forwarding correctly. You'll need to get a good manual for that DSL router from the maker's website (GOOGLE IT!) and see what else can be configured to make things work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:32 pm 
norton sucks, use windows firewall or hardware firewall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:55 am 
Whichever software firewall you use, it is best to use only 1. Easier to configure that way too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]