the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Schools firewall
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:06 pm 
I connect to the internet through a free connection through a college. Sometimes I also come to campus and connect to their fast connection. I only have dial up at home but whether I connect at campus or home I rarely recieve decent connection speeds. I believe I connect throught their firewall and I can't open ports to increase my speed. Occasionally I recieve speeds up to 400 kb/second but usually on campus between 3 and 12 and at home between 0 and 3. I don't think I can take incoming connections and I rarely connect to many peers, always seeds. I download naruto a lot and there are always tons of peers and seeds but if the download speed is proportional, is that why my speed sucks. Do a lot of people use dial up connections or are people just modifying there client to keep from having to upload? I have tried increasing the port range and a number or other things. It seems to me like if I am connected to 40 seeds I should be downloading from more than 3 for a total of 12 kb/sec. I have tried opening up ports on other computers and I can't tell a difference between my download experience on those and my experience throught the schools firewall.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]