the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:07 am 
Hi, I posted this on another website, maybe it sort somebody elses problem out:

Quote:
I was having the yellow light problem with BT for weeks, until I few days ago when I made a few changes, and 1 of them seems to have fixed it. I have a green light now, getting >40kB/sec.

In BitTornado, in Prefs I set the Port Range to 5881-5999.
In my router set up, I disabled all other forwarding rules.
The only rule I have now is to allow 5881-5999 TCP connections.
Finally, I stopped running this program I was using called NetLimiter.

One of those changes has fixed the problem for me anyway, I hope it might be of help to someone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:06 am 
Quote:
In my router set up, I disabled all other forwarding rules.

i was having similar problems - only seeing yellows on my comp.
i had 2 firewall rules on my router; one for each comp.

BT1 WAN,* LAN,192.168.0.100 TCP,6881-6999
BT2 WAN,* LAN,192.168.0.101 TCP,6881-6999

what i did was combine the 2 entries into 1 using a range of IP addresses and presto...instant green.

BT WAN,* LAN,192.168.0.100-192.168.0.102 TCP,6881-6999

i think multiple "rules" to the router might have confused it and so packets were not getting through. i'm not sure if it's the multiple rules or if more than 1 rule using the same ports confused it. anyways, hopes this helps others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:12 am 

Since you can't do port forwarding to more than one internal machine at a time for incoming packets destined to the same port range unless you base it on something else along with the incoming port number, that rule seems like it would only forward the port range to one and only one internal machine while not forwarding to any others. If you want to have ports open/forwarded for bittorrent on more than one machine, you need more than one non-overlapping port range. Such as 6881-6883 for computer 1, and 6884-6886 for computer 2 and have BitTornado configured appropriately on each machine to use the assigned port range. Also, you don't need to have so many ports forwarded. You only need as many ports opened/forwarded as you ever plan to have simultaneously active at one time. So if that max number is 3, only 3 ports need to be opened/forwarded such as "6881-6883."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]