the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:28 pm 
Hi,

I have been using bittorrent S-5.8.9 (I think, can't remember exactly), and just updated to S-5.8.11 today. All the settings remain the same, including the XP firewalls TCP ports forwarding setting. I could get green light and all the usual lights before upgrade, but only yellow light after.
Can anyone telll me what is going on, and how to get rid of the yellow light?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:17 am 

Do you have Zone Alarm installed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:41 pm 
No, I only activated XP's firewall. And the bittorrent program was functioning properly before (I mean the lights were working fine, and I opened the first ten ports as suggested). Then I upgraded the bittorent program to a newer version, then I only got yellow light after the upgrade....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:05 pm 
Today I installed the old version of bittorrent 5.8.9 back. And I got the green lights back! The downloading speed is much faster now! Although I did use XP's system restore to switch back to the time before I upgrade bittorrent, but I don't think there was anything changed except the bittorrent program. The firewall setting was the same. Does this suggest there is a bug somewhere in the newer versions? (I tried 5.8.11, bittornado and ABC. They all failed to give me a green light)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:57 pm 

http://forums.degreez.net/viewtopic.php?p=1814#1814

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]