the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: I reiterate ...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:24 pm 
Guest wrote:
I agree with SumYumyGuy:

<b>Can you post a visual guide to "Reduce your upload to 90% of your total upstream bandwidth."?</b>

Find your total upstream bandwidth. You can do this by watching the maximum that a properly-configured BitTornado uses, at one of the many connection testing/ranking sites, or simply reading the details of your plan from your ISP. If this value is in kilobits, divide by 8 to convert it to kilobytes.

Multiply that number by 0.9. That will give you 90% of the value.

Enter that number in the Upload Rate box in the main BT window. It's along the bottom, near the middle, as seen in the first picture posted in the original post.

TCP transfers are two way. You actually have to upload acknowledgements back to the server in order to keep your download moving along. If you saturate your upload channel with other data, your download can't report back. If you don't limit BT to a little less than what your connection can handle, it will choke off its own downloads.

A "try and see" method is to start a torrent, then try downloading something. You can simply open your browser and view webpages to test this. Pick an upload value in BT. Try loading a page. If it's slow or fails, lower the upload rate. If it works ok, raise it a little and try again. The idea is to set your upload as high as possible (so that BT rewards your sharing with better downloading) without totally choking off your connection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:37 pm 
i just did all of that and i got a green light with just 3 -10 kbs and the average speed is 1.4mb i have a 3mb connection with cable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:11 am 
why make the ports 6881-6889 ?? is this important??

portforward.com told me to use 10000-10010 for bit tornado

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:59 pm 
id advise you NOT to use ports 6881-6889, unless it is working for you, because most trackers have banned those ports. use random ports and then forward them through your firewall. use what portforward.com told you to if you are unimaginative..... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:05 pm 
thanks

how many ports shud i open?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:55 am 
The fewer the better. When you are downloading one torrent...it only uses one port.
How many torrents do you think that you will have downloading at one time? That is how many you should open. I never really download more than one at a time. I have three ports open....sometimes I will download some smaller files at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:50 am 
THX baba

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:42 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
id advise you NOT to use ports 6881-6889, unless it is working for you, because most trackers have banned those ports. use random ports and then forward them through your firewall.:P

Aha! This is the information I needed, and finally got me the green light. If anyone else is struggling with other suggestions, try this one.

Sparky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:44 am 
anonomous wrote:
no option for that nor can i change the port ranges

Windows > Mac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:17 am 
My download speeds increased from 5 to 30kbps...w00t!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:10 pm 
Ok, i dont know if this really helps or if anyone else has made the same error, but if you have a router make sure you enable your DMZ host for your computer's ip.

I kept making the mistake of setting my DMZ host to the computer ip xxx.xxx.x.4 when my ip actually ended in xxx.xxx.x.104

I mean simple mistake but if you aren't too good with computers like myself, you may overlook it... anyways yeah take care.

Post subject: N1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:42 pm 
Thanks for the guide my d/ls shot up from 5kb to 100+ :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:15 am 
umm... i tired everything that you guys have said here. I even looked at portforawrding.com or whatever. I get the green light but my download speeds are shite!! i'm getting like 2-5kB/s.. The upload speed is even higher. I'm using a D-Link DSL-G604T. Any please please help me?

Post subject: How many UPloads
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:07 pm 
OK so i found out that my upload rate is 384K so i divide by 8 and multiply by .9 and get 43.2. That's all great and dandy, but how many uploads should i use... i have 6 right now anyone have an idea?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:15 pm 
i use 10000-10004 and i get about 400 kb/s

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next