the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:29 am 
Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:34 am 
Also I have ADSL 1500 down/384 up ... a Linksys BEFSR41 (used port triggering and now have green light) Newest firmware version installed on it also. I'm uploading at my full speed of 36kb/sec but I can only pull off 8kb/sec MAX when downloading a torrent (usually around 4-5kb/sec on average) Any fixes or ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:26 pm 
you always need some free upload speed to make sure your downloads run smoothly so if you upload to the max that your isp allows you will kill your downloading speed down to near zero. you will have to setup both apps to upload less than the max upload that your isp allows for uploading. if you have other pc's in your network you also have to take their upload speed into consideration. for example if your max upload is 36kb then you should setup your upload in bittorrent to 30kb so you have 6kb left free to allow downloads to run smoothly as well as surfing the web a bit faster than you would if you were maxing out your uploads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:28 pm 
you always need some free upload speed to make sure your downloads run smoothly so if you upload to the max that your isp allows you will kill your downloading speed down to near zero. you will have to setup both apps to upload less than the max upload that your isp allows for uploading. if you have other pc's in your network you also have to take their upload speed into consideration. for example if your max upload is 36kb then you should setup your upload in bittorrent to 30kb so you have 6kb left free to allow downloads to run smoothly as well as surfing the web a bit faster than you would if you were maxing out your uploads.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]