the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:49 am 
Okay, so I've done all the standard port forwarding stuff, and for awhile I had a green light all the time. Then, however, I started getting one occasionally, so I tried to pinpoint the problem (oh, and it wasn't just that I didn't have in incoming connections, I used the connection checker to back this up).

Everytime I restart my computer, I'll either get "Perfect Score" or "NAT check failed" on the connection checker, seemingly at random. So, I ran a spyware check, and came back clean... I disabled all my firewalls completely for a minute or two, and still had the NAT check failed.

Then, and here's what really confuses me, I found someone talking about the "ShieldsUP!" thing at grc.com... so I ran a check there. It seems that out of 6881-6889, 6884 and 6887 are open, but everything else is closed. I can't think of any reason this would be, as every time that I changed any firewall settings, it was always all of them at once.

Soooo... yeah, I'm just confused, and wondering if this is a common problem that my meager skills at searching the forums weren't able to solve. Anyone know of what might be causing this problem?

Post subject: Quick bump
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:19 pm 
Anyone at all know what this could be caused by?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:49 pm 

Prefs, uncheck "random" in your port range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:56 pm 
It's already unchecked.... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:47 am 
I also have this weird problem, I'm usind Panda Antivirus Platinum and I have allowed btdownloadgui.exe to connect to internet in the settings, I also have permitted btdownloadgui.exe to act as server AND client with ALL ports.

In the btdownloadgui -> Prefs I have tried alot of different port ranges with and WITHOUT "randomize" box checked, I have selected ALL THREE options in the "UPnP Port Forwarding".

I DO get 60+ kB/s for about 0.01% of the time, but thats all, and I NEVER get GREEN light.
Yesterday I went to torrentspy and downloaded a Max Payne 2 torrent, in the tracker I saw that the number of seeders were 50+, but in the client I connected to approximately 8 seeds (and 7 peers), still after 20 minutes the light was still YELLOW and the dl rate LESS then 1 kB/s, WTF ????!!!!!

I am SICK of this, I also have tried that spybot and removed alot of spyware (There wasnt any DSO Exploit to be detected though), AND no change occured, oh and have also disabled the WinXP built in firewall ....

help me please .... (

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]