the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:34 pm 
I have a green light and i do download SOMETIMES but i never upload, i have an actiontec R1524SU router with the latest firmware and have setup port forewarding. I have a software firewall, Mcafee Personal Firewall, but its disabled (open no filtering) and i still dont upload so my download speed never increases.... Any Ideas?

Post subject: Add-on
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:58 pm 
Ok now i started another download and this one is yellow! i have one that shows green and one that shows yellow? :shock:

Any Ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:19 am 
For each instance of bittornado running you will need to open one port, e.g. 6881, 6882, ... . You can set the ports under prefs, "port range" in bittornado, so choose the same for your router. I don't know the mcafee firewall but you also have to allow inbound connections at the choosen ports and outbound connections at any port (all tcp).

Post subject: Started working
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:14 am 
Ok, i got it working, i had only opened a cople ports on my router, but now i have also allowed tcp traffic on my firewall, and i keep seeing connections trying to be made from 20** (** is 2 numbers, everytime i open bittornado it is showing me as having found a bunch new peers... sooo... is it trying to accept connections on ports 20**??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:54 pm 
That should be outbound connections, showing an "L" at the advanced window. You don't need to forward these ports.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]